'84 GN owners?

Darkside

What color is your original shifter handle? Is it sandstone grey(tan) or charchol? Thanks.

sandstone. only the 85 hotairs had the grey interior.the console, door panels, molding, etc should all be the same color too, only thing thats dark is the dash - which is charcoal gray like the seats.

Thanks for the responses guys! Blackbuick 84, your shifter is from a 86-87, I have the same one. I was pretty sure they came with sandstone shifters, just wanted some verification.
I would be real interested in seeing how your trim work comes out? My 84 GN is a t-top like yours, did you sand the trim first or just paint over it? By the way, nice web site, beautiful clean pics.
Thanks!

mine had the tan handle and i couldent find a new one soi went to buickgn.com and got their aluminum handle. i would like to know if there is some one besides jacks seat cover that makes the legler segler seat covers. mine need to be redone:(

I've never heard of anyone else making the Lear seats. Jax just started last year. I had mine redone by the local upholstery guy. He did an excellent job. I paid around $600 for the two front seats, but that was the "buddy" price.

the ulpolistery guy around my house wants 1,000 a seat and i dont want to pay that much i dould do it for both seats. every time i call jacks he says not yet or he is putting me off for some reason.:confused:

Can anyone find the original color cloth material for those seats? I had thought I'd seen a thread that someone had that available.
My leather is fine but I need to have the cloth redone.

the color i came up with is a tan or beige or sand depending what the busness has

Here's a question along the same lines.

For those of you w/ t-tops, do you guys have shades for them? and if so, where'd you get them? I've only found one place so far that makes them, but only in 85-87 gray.:rolleyes: They didnt even know the 84s were a different color. I'd rather leave making them as a last resort, mainly coz i'm lazy. Any places you guys could steer me towards?

Somebody painted mine black...but under the black, it's sandstone (now it's painted charcoal to match the dash though, hehe). It's broken...so looking for a new one...