84 gn just died!!!!!

sy1322

well my daughter took the gn to school and when she came home the gn died and would not start, check the spark, and has fire, it has fuel, and got it started for 1 minute and and then died again, keeped on trying to start it and fouled out the plugs, and smelled like gas, and some gas came out of the exhaust, was wondering if anybody has had this problem before, put some new plugs and still did not turn on. could it be the cranksensor, or any ideas would be great, and put me on the right direction, appreciate any input?????

My dads car is similar...

85 ttype flooded itself so bad gas came out. Never stopped running, but was pouring gas out the driver side manifold.

Look at my post in the hotair section low blms.

Also you may want to post your question in there too more expertise on hotairs in there.

Jerry

Bad crank sensor means no fuel or spark. Check your fuel pressure at the rail. Last time my GN died on the road, I was getting fuel to the rail, just not enough pressure....dead fuel pump. Listen for the fuel pump to prime when you turn the key on. Waco is right...post in the H/A section for more replies. HTH ---Keith

Do you have enough fuel??

Previous poster mentioned fuel pressure. Fuel at the rail, may not be under sufficient pressure.

check the fuel pressure and had 48 50 lbs, with the vaccum unhooked andhooked. gave me code 14 and 42 43, coolant temp. sensor, and something with ign module. would the coolant temp cause something like this?