'84 GN for Sale - $3,000 OBO

southpw11

I bought this GN a year ago or so but have not had any time to work on it, but now I need the money so I'm selling it. This car looks good and has had some work done but needs work mechanically to run smoothly, and in the suspension. Good project car or parts car. Asking $3000 but negotiable.

Please email requests and/or offers to southpw11@yahoo.com, as I don't check these forums very often.

Previous owner drove this daily, I have not driven it except for driving it across the state to return it home when I bought it.

Here are some details gathered most from previous owner:
Body -
new paint, looks reasonable but not show quality
87 GN wheels
87 GN grill
Windows are tinted

Engine/exhaust -
Engine appears to have received most attention from previous owner
Many new/nicer parts around engine (ie..mease downpipe, will post details of this within a few days)
84 ECM
New Turbo
Idle is rough
Exhaust leak at right header

Interior -
Lear Siegler seats
Knock guage/boost guage
All other gauges look good and appear to work just fine
Back seats are in excellent condition
Drivers/passengers seats are worn and have rips

Brakes/Suspension -
Mechanic says suspension/brakes need significant work

I'll post pics and more details later

These are the specs on the car, per the original owner. I have not verified these mods personally (not that I would be able to), except for the 3" Mease downpipe, but here is what he said was done.

150K miles on the chassis
Rebuilt engine with 30K on it
ARP head studs
Walbro 307
Kirban Adjustable regulator
racetronics hot wire kit
Mease 3" downpipe
ATR up pipe
New oil-pan gasket
new front crank seal
new ignition module
new crank sensor
new cam sensor
new coil pack
new plugs
new wires
K&N air filter
A/C charged and blows cold
New 200r4 with shift kit
windows professionally tinted
87 grill
GTA wheels
New Precision turbo

Will post pics when i have them. As you can see, lots of modifications and engine work.

finally got some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1284.JPG
    IMG_1284.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_1285.JPG
    IMG_1285.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_1286.JPG
    IMG_1286.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 450
Hey!!!

How bad is the body on it??? I am not to far from Chicago and I am very interested in buying this car from you:p

HEY! I almost bought that car a while back. I had some interior photos that match up perfectly. Did you get this in the Lincoln area?

How bad is the body on it??? I am not to far from Chicago and I am very interested in buying this car from you:p

As you can see from the pics, body is not bad at all. Would need some weatherstripping but body looks good to me.

It didn't have those wheels or the gauges on it at the time. None of the engine work was done either.

Might be a good idea to be sure this is the car you're thinking of before saying something like that. If this is the car you're thinking of, I have not confirmed all the things the previous owner said he put on the car, but I can see some of them on the engine just by looking at it (ie..Mease downpipe, air cleaner, etc.) and I don't have any reason to doubt what the last owner said.

Also, I bought this car 2 summers ago from Indiana/Kentucky border area if I remember right. Not sure where Lincoln is.

Yeah, that would be about right. I was at the Nationals back in '04 and we were supposed to pick one up the next week but decided the trip wasn't worth it cause we woulda had to drive out of our way before coming home to FL. Might not be the same, but I just figured someone else bought it, did the work, and then sold it you. I couldn't give a crap about it bud. Just looks like the pics I had. I have a nice clean 84GN here at the house I bought locally from the original owner. I never liked them, but after I bought that car, I kept running into 84's for sale all over the place. Same thing, I'd decide to get em, and then realize I didn't need more than one 84GN at a time...ya know.

Knocking the price down to $2500 (cant edit original post).

This can be a great project car for someone, I have another kid on the way and don't have time/energy to do it.

any rust on tha car?where u located at?write backasap...thank you...

I haven't taken a good look at the car in over 6 months, since it has either been garaged or at a mechanic during that time. Last I looked, no major rust issues, but possibly small rust spots here and there (ie..bottom of doors maybe).

Car is in Batavia currently.