84 gn converted to 87

sean lawrence

ok guys I need some help I just did the conversion to 87 on my 84 gn its running but I have some issues. I left the 84 inside harness and only changed the engine harness and ecm and noticed the cooling fan would not cut on so I looked at the diagram and found my brown wire off the coolin fan relay had no power to either relay I found that the brown wire runs to the drivers side bulkhead connector so that explain why no power the 84 did not have a electric cooling fan so there is no pin for that wire on the inside wiring harness, so I bypassed it and fed it power through a 25 amp fuse and it works fine and I put in new relays but no delay box im leaving that out. the other thing is when I ground the temp sensor the fan does not come on, why? so what problems am I going to run into using the 87 engine harness and 84 inside harness that I do not know about yet? please explain if this will work for me. thanks sean

I don't have an answer for you, but thought I'd bring this back up to the top...interested myself, might want to try putting this is general tech, there's a lot more action in there.