84 85 throttlebody shaftleaking ?

bpman1234

what the fix for this ..no seals in this one .

Attachments

• 20220902_094443_resize_98.jpg
    20220902_094443_resize_98.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 29
Well was thinking in trying to recoat the shaft with some Teflon coating if I can fine such a thing . And coat the worn out part of the shaft where the coating is worn out .. Thoughts ?

I'm not sure Teflon will hold up to heat and friction. The other issue you are encountering is the housing is probably worn which is creating more or excessive end play. I'd recommend surface grinding the OD of shaft or taking a stone or file to clean up worn areas then get some bushings made to address the housing. Not sure if 84/85 seals are same as 86/87.

Well was thinking in trying to recoat the shaft with some Teflon coating if I can fine such a thing . And coat the worn out part of the shaft where the coating is worn out .. Thoughts ?
Swain Tech has a coating they use on piston skirts to tighten up piston to wall clearance . this is from their web page .
PC-9™ is commonly used to salvage a motor that has excessive piston to wall clearance. Vintage motors and other applications with hard to find pistons can have up to .004” of PC-9™ added to the diameter of a piston to tighten piston to wall clearance.