83' Ttype value?

tpivette89

i found a 83' Ttype hardtop for sale locally at a no-name dealership. car is grey in color and has the original turbo wheels. i didnt have time to stop by and look at it, so the true condition and milage are unknown. i looked it up online and the description was brief but was listed with the following options: ps, pb, air, p-lcks, p-win, cruise, tilt, am/fm cassette

paint looked to be in decent shape for an 83', but the front bumper fillers were cracked and/or missing. im sure the rears were the same. asking price was $2000

is this in line with what these cars go for? i have more experience with the SFI cars, never messed with a carbed turbo before. i sold my last turbo Buick (an 85' GN) over 4 years ago, but after reading all the nostalgic articles posted here and on the hotair board, ive got the itch for another one

i know the 83's were the best of the carb turbos, with many improvements over the previous years, such as a faster spooling turbo and the 2004r trans. how do they differ from the SFI cars besides the injection system? block/heads/internals different? id be looking to modify this car if i bought it, but nothing too crazy... rebuilt carb, bigger downpipe, upped boost, catback, tuning, slicks, trans build. id be looking for 13s out of the car... is that out of line for a basically modded carb turbo?

thanks for all the help