83 t finally running... ok... i was told to post here

btw do you have video online of that 82 regal with the 401? sounds like it'd be a beast, very nice! cheers and thanks for the support as well :)

btw do you have video online of that 82 regal with the 401? sounds like it'd be a beast, very nice! cheers and thanks for the support as well :)
No video's online of the '82 at the moment, I built that car over 10 years ago and had title trouble with it and never drove it, it's been sitting at my parents ever since then, Next time I stop out there and visit them I'll get some pics and or vid's of it, MikeMcvaney wants too see it also I guess I better get on it just like I really need to bring it too my house.

Lots of support here lol.

as soon as i find out i will know whether to search for a 3800 supercharged motor for transplant with newer fuel injection turbo setup oooooor if it has had some frame work done to it i will most likely just keep the not so cool factory 3.8 with hot air turbo setup and daily drive my girl like the champion beauty she is :)

Blasphamy! i guess only a few of us like the Draw-Thru:(

sorry man, i'm not trying to hate on the draw through... just seems less efficient. but then again i'm still just a noob who's only rebuilt one draw through turbo and one electronic carb. if anything i'm hating on the electronic carb, i am not really a fan of the rochester quadrajet lol.

As for the first trial run everything looked good, unfortunately when i went to take the car for a test drive the chokes were giving me issue, they are electronic... so i worked the front choke to stay open but then when the turbo spooled the choke for the rear 2 barrels wouldn't open. felt like there wasn't any power and puffed smoke out of the exhaust each time. i was still able to drive at a leisurely pace without any issues just no get up and go. after cursing around a bit and going to fuel up(unfortunately all we have here is 91 octane) i noticed the oil psi would drop to about 20 psi when i was stopped at a light in drive. once or twice it even dropped to 15 psi :( although when i finally got her home there were no oil leaks that i could see and i checked the oil and the oil level was the same as before i left for the test drive. then i checked the plugs and sure enough carbon, so i believe that solidifies my thought of the chokes not opening.

anyone think it could be something beyond the choke that is robbing my power? turbo sounded nice and smooth when spooling. what could be the reason for the oil psi drop to 20/15 psi?
any ideas would be much appreciated.
carbon.jpg

sorry man, i'm not trying to hate on the draw through... just seems less efficient. but then again i'm still just a noob who's only rebuilt one draw through turbo and one electronic carb. if anything i'm hating on the electronic carb, i am not really a fan of the rochester quadrajet lol.

nah im just foolin... it does take a special person to appreciate this system.

I would agree 100% that the elctronic carb is a POS....but alot of people here like it... Charlie or Rich might beable to help you get it running right.