83 Regal limited Body Parts for my 87

diomedes

I found an 83 buick regal limited and was just making sure if i could use the trunk lid, doors etc. (are limited's any special)

Also, on the bottom of the doors and rocker panels is this bumpy texture, is that the metal or a coating? My bottom is rusted out on the driver side and I was going to get my machine shop to roll me a new one but not sure if I could replicate the texture on the bottom? Or should I just cut those out also? (on the 83)

And on another note, arent there certain things on F Bodys I could use for my car? like the sway bar? I tried searching but found nothing?

pretty much all except header panel. GTA front swaybars are what the "upgrade" is for lighter bar (its hollow). I think the texture you are talking about is that rock chip stuff. Pretty sure you can buy that stuff and spray it on. I'm not going to bother with it when I do my car.

Ok so the rock chip stuff can be sanded off? I would much rather have it smooth than textured. I just didnt want to have some smooth and some textured.

Looking at the car, how do I figure out if its a GTA? And what years?

GTAs are easy to spot. honeycomb wheels, rear spoiler, side fender badges that say GTA, will have 350 tpi with auto or 305 tpi with manual. the bar should be on 88up GTAs and maybe even IROCS??? Grab the bushings and links if they are good, they'll bolt right up. 36mm bar. If you are taking stuff off the 350 car make sure you grab the radiator and whatever coolers might be attatched. Radiator drops right in, just gotta get coolers for oil and tranny. You might also have to get an n/a lower hose also:confused:

yeah its the GTA then, while it had no badges it did have honeycomb wheels and was a V8. Are those wheels worth anything? As in do they bolt up onto the GN? (I currently have Craiger knock offs).
Im definitely looking forward towards raiding the car.

Yup, do a search in the brakes, wheels, suspension forum. Just type in "GTA wheels" and there will p robably be a whole bunch of threads. How bout you post some pics of your ride!

he means 4 front rims, the offset must be different from front to back. Don't know for sure but I see that alot on here. Also, make sure it is a GTA, all Trans Ams came with a V8, but its the combo aformentioned in the GTA's and I think they had upgraded interiors.