'82 Grand National, Southern Minnesota

gbodman

Well I'm toying with the idea of selling my '82 GN. Not an overly motivated seller, but the better half says I have to let a couple of my gems go. I just dug it out of storage two days ago from its three year hibernation, pumped the accelerator once, fired right up. Surprised the heck out of me! Anyways, this is by no means a perfect car, so please understand that you can enjoy it the way it is, but its flaws drive me nuts! Front fillers are there, but have seen better days, has typical midwestern t-top rot that also took out the driver's floor pan; passenger interior upper door trim panel has some sort of damage (rust stain?); and the back seat has some strange tear on the cloth portion by the package shelf about two inches long. I do have a donor roof that I can cut to the firewall if someone needs it to go with the car. It does have brand new (now discontinued) Goodyear Eagles on it, and the digital radio still works! I've had it posted on craigslist for a couple weeks now, but I think I'll take the ad down because nobody seems to understand the significance of these cars. You can check out the listing on the Mankato, MN craigslist site. As I clean it up, and get her ready for cruise nights, I'll take better pictures. I am going to leave the plates off the t-tops so anyone can see the damage if they choose to visit. I really don't want to set a price without someone looking at the car, but since the rules say I have to; we'll start at six grand with the good donor roof and new (non-oem) t-top seals. Please be patient for pictures, since I'm trying to re-roof my house and still put my 40 in as well.
Thanks,
Will

sometimes I hate craigslist

Well, the posting was flagged twice within two hours, so i'm not sure who I ticked off, but I musta done a good job at it:biggrin: So, since It's going to be a million degrees tomorrow, I'll take a break from the roof and go wash the ol girl up and get you guys some pics. Of course I'll show you all the trouble spots, the floor pans, the t-top rail, a-pillars, bottoms of the doors, quarters where they like to rot. Anybody want to see anything else? Is anybody interested in one of these or am I wasting my time? :confused: I'll probably post my El Camino in the non-buick area eventually as well.

I'm not in a position to buy your GN, But I would love to check it out. Maybe drive it up to the Buster's Roll-In in Mankato every Thursday (from 5pm-8pm). I usually bring my '87 GN there. It would be awesome to see your 1st year GN and my last year GN together! I have a photog friend who can take pics even!

Let me know!
John

Sounds like a plan! I'll get a few miles on it locally since it has been sitting forever, then I'll make the one hour journey to Buster's. I'll PM you my number.

I've added some pictures on photobucket. She sure looks nice all washed up! It's just too bad the bumper fillers are so brittle. Oh well, how many people can say they own a '82GN? Kind of an elite group like the GNX guys. Now if it was only worth as much as a GNX... Check it out: www.photobucket.com/82gn

Here's a bump, and I have one myself.:biggrin: Unfortunatly it will have to have a full frame off to make it right.:(

I'm well aware. I've had my '84 monte ss on the rotisserie for oh about four years now. I guess it all depends on who buys it, if they want a driver or a show car. So if nobody shows interest it will get hung on the rotisserie eventually.... One astroroof car is ahead of it on the ol' priority list so I would guess its going to be about eight more years. On the plus side, I already have all the parts I need except for that darn front spoiler....

I would LOVE to have this car if I had the money. :( Take payments of 20 bucks a month for the rest of my Naval career? lol!

Good luck with your sale.

(in all seriousness...if you have it next March I would be a buyer and am moving from VA to WA State for my next submarine..so would pick it up!!!)

Well I'll make a call to DFAS and see if we can get a automatic debit set up LOL! But with all that special duty pay you could have it paid for in two weeks! Michael, I'm asking $5500 which includes a good roof and new metromould t-top seals. I have the whole body so I'll chop it at the firewall where it meets the pans.

Actually, I just back from an IA in Cuba and COULD have done that! You shoulda posted it 4 months ago!! No more special pays here though. :( Trade ya an 02 CBR F4i 600 and 2k cash! :D

I had an '03 F4i back in the day, so fun! Actually I just sold my Zx7R and replaced it with a Honda Valkyrie. It must be a sign of getting older, needed a more comfortable bike but didn't want to sacrifice the power. I tried out a dyna and a softail and wasn't impressed. Besides, I wanna throw a magnacharger on this thing eventually and see how long the clutch will hold!!!

Too funny. I actully just picked up this F4i to get something different and to teach my wife to ride (she loves sportbikes). My daily bike is an '03 Suzuki Volusia all decked out for touring, prefer the comfort as well!! lol

To the top! She will go back into hibernation in about a month. www.photobucket.com/82gn I never get tired of hearing how all GN's were black and turbocharged and how "neat" it is I spent all that time on a regular regal. If they only knew....