81-83 regal trim. Quick question.

Turbo6Smackdown

Did any of the 81-83 t type regals ever get the blackout package? Ive never seen one, so am I correct in assuming they didn't? I think chrome trim on any car (except the late 60's muscle cars) looks like crap, and prefer blackout trim.

My '83 has the chrome trim with black accents.

Where the normal Regals had all chrome headlight and tail light bezels, my '83 T-Type's headlight bezels were chrome bordered with black painted inside near the headlights (similar to what was done with the mid-'80's Camaros). My rear taillight bezels were painted flat black with no chrome.
I just got done restoring these exact parts using regular Regal chrome pieces and painting them myself, and it came out awesome! Like, factory new.

All black didn't become popular until 1984 with the unveiling of the "new" Buick-owned "Grand National".
My T-Type Sport coupe came with chrome along the bottom of the car which I'm doing away with. The side body molding has been removed as well, as it shrunk in the track that it's mounted in. I won't be putting a new one on.

1982 had this:
A Sport Coupe Decor Package (RPO Y44) could be added to enhance the TR's appearance. This included Designer's Accent Paint, blacked-out grille, wiper arms, HL and TL bezels, bright wide rocker moldings, and a sport steering wheel.

1983 had something similar and in 1984 it became the back and silver WH1 package.

The cool thing about the Y44 package is it came in colors other than black.
attachment.php

Ahh I see. I LOVE carbed t types. I dont know why, but i do. Id use one if it was mint, as a daily driver in a heartbeat. That would rock. Thanks for the answers.

I LOVE the '82's.

I like that picture too. The car behind the '82 is an '87-'89 LeSabre T-Type (maroon). I've got an '88 in black.

T-Type Buick's are VERY cool cars!!!

yea i noticed that lesabre as well. one of those passed in front of me and my girl yesterday, and i spotted it out of the traffic in the dark like a hawk. I love those cars too. Id drive one of those in a minute. Im currently looking for an old t as a daily driver for work.

Good luck finding a cheap one with little to no rust! You'll spend upwards to $3-4,000 for a rust free, semi-low mileage one.

I've owned three (one for every year made) and the '87, and '89 were rotted pretty bad. My '88 has rust with 2 places that are actually rotting. Around the door hinge on the A-Pillar, and the mini "Frame rails" in the rear that hold the rear bumper supports. Everything else is surface rust.

When looking to buy one, you should keep an eye out for these problem areas: Under the hood around the front strut towers, under the air box, under the battery plate, A-Pillars, rear quarters near the bottom and up around the wheel well, IN the wheel wells, and around the rear bumper supports. My '88's not TOO bad, but finding someone to weld those rwo areas MAY be expensive. Over all it's a GREAT car, easy to work on with a VERY smooth ride!!

You might find a car on autotrader.com, and check this site as well, The Buick Lesabre T-type Page