8 second TT RX-7

Skillet

With two Ss
Link

Fastest pass of drag week. This car drove the 1500 mile trip averaging 13mpg. I've met this guy more than once and he is very down to earth and just a overall good person. I had been curious about how street capable it truely was. Now I have my answer.

That's Brian Hinson and Lane Culver over at Hinson supercars. Both are nice guys. We see them and their crew at the track often. That car hauls ass but they had their share of breakage on that long of a trip. From the impression I got they won't be attempting that again. The problem you run into on high hp boosted motors is valvetrain. It's hard to make a lot of power and keep it real streetable with a small motor. Glad to see them do well in drag week.

Valvetrain damage

hdrp_dragweek_2006_thursday_005_z.jpg

Dusty, I took my grey Regal to Baileyton a month or two after you were there and everybody wanted to know why my car had gotten so slow. :biggrin:

Skillet said:
Dusty, I took my grey Regal to Baileyton a month or two after you were there and everybody wanted to know why my car had gotten so slow. :biggrin:

:biggrin: I'd like to take mine back, we had fun the night we went but if I ever make a decent pass I'm afraid the shutdown area will beat my teeth out. I know the left lane shutdown is much rougher than I care to race on and I was 10mph slower than usual.