8.83@156 in "FEAR"

Quint

Hey guys. No video yet, Jan will get the Time slip up soon. Ran the car in 96 degree heat, but nice day all together. Here it is:

60ft. 1.36
1/8 mile 5.64@125
1/4-8.83@155.75

Will get more info this week. These runs where on 315/60 M/T Drag radials, leaving at 12#'s boost and getting 25#'s boost all the way down. Yes we are going to run it much, much higher. But we wanted to test the tires and the new converter from Dusty, who took about 400 rpms out, which helped allot, thanks Dusty. Also the new Crane Fireball ign system works aswome. My brother drove the car down the track for the very first time, ever! We wanted him to get use to it and just get the feeling for it. Jan set it, where we though it would go bottom tens or if he let out high 10's and felt this to be scary enough for him being a newbe racer :) . Well on the first pass, leaving at 8#'s,a nd only getting 16-19#'s down the track, he netted a 9.42@145mph:eek: :eek: :eek: . Now, his hands where shaking so bad, he looked like he just saw a ghost, funny, for sure. But he drove it, damn near like he owned it for years and only got out of it 4 times. Jan Moeller is the "MAN" period the end on the Tune. Safe, easy, not so much drama on the runs. We are just scratching the service now. Nick Mcale did his thing as well and as usuall, suround yourself with people like this and you can do anything. We are running the in the "Pinks" 1320X even this Saturday, where we will turn it up a little more and then run it again at this years Buick Event here in AZ Nov 27th. There we will let it see some 30#'s passes and who knows on the ET, but they will be quick non the less. Thanks guys

Time to update your signature. Congrats, sounds like a mean car...you should bring it to Noble Oklahoma on Nov 1 ;)

Congrats on your times and it sounds like you had some real fun while you were at it....... :cool:

Now crank it up to 30+ PSI!!!!!! :eek:

Congratulations man, I know you have worked for it.
I would like to see how that turbo responds when you turn up the wick!

Thanks guys. Ted, you know I'm itching to push the boost! Jan likes to take it one step at a time for safety and of course keep the car running nice. At the Pinks race this Saturday, Im going to up the boost a little bit more, say 27#'s or 28#'s. If the weather stays true, not to get to hot, say 91 degrees, we should be easily in the 8.60s. In the 8.80 pass, the car would have pulled a high 8.70's pass, with a higher MPH, if I didnt short shift the 2- 3 shift by 600 rpms. All in all John, this was as little drama as it gets for an 8 sec hit. The DR's M/T's are just sticky tires. the 315's/60, bring the gear down just enough as well on launch. But with the taller tires, you need to hit your shift right on, to stay in your RPMS.
Will, it would be a blast to go to Noble one year.

That is awesome man, all that work DOES pay off someday!

Congrats on your new best time, cant wait to see if there is a video of it runnin down the track....

Baddd to the bone!

BW

I predict when you turn it up to that 27+ is when you will come back smiling after each pass. You will really see some big gains. Keep creeping up on it slow, Jan is right take your time. You are doing great and your making running 8's look easy!!!

Congrats you have got to be pumped.....

Those Twisted 6-PTC converters rock BTW.

Thanks Bryan and Ted. Ted your right about the 27+, and These PTC converts, just get it done period. Will get new info to you after this weekends race!

Congrats on getting the car in the 8's Quint!:cool: Sounds like you will still have quite a bit left on the table when you/Jan decide to turn it up.

BTW, If possible please get us some pics of your car with the 315 MTs.:cool:

Yes pics and videos would be great. We would love to see that car in Noble for next year, it would look good with the other few Stage 2 cars that usually show :cool:

Good luck at the Pinks race :D

Congrats on getting the car in the 8's Quint!:cool: Sounds like you will still have quite a bit left on the table when you/Jan decide to turn it up.

BTW, If possible please get us some pics of your car with the 315 MTs.:cool:
I will get some pics on the Vid camera This weekend at the event. These tires rub just a little, being so damn big. We are going to do the baseball bat roll on them Friday to get just an inch more. I dont have a mini tub and just have them notched. Got to practice the 2 step for a better reaction time. If i do what I did last run, I will be ok on the reaction time with the pro tree!

Went to the 1320x even Saturday with no good results. Track wasnt holding what it held Sunday and I was still learning to bump in on the 2 step, so left at to low of boost off the transbreak a couple of times and bogged. On the last attempt in the 1st round of eliminations, set the drag radials to 13#'s, same as Sunday, sun was down, weather was cooler and track was finally hooking, I sat on 2 step to assure i got to atleast 12#'s launch, it was set at 14#'s, but wast getting there Sunday, so I didnt think anything of it. I think it made closer to the 14#, this time though, since it went 1.27 60ft on the back tires and going towards the center lane. I hade to get out of it, lost traction and run was over. Will have Jan look at the computer to see where it really was, so we can pull it back or add some tire pressure to assure I dont drag bumper, and can get the power down the track. Im sure it would help if I had some suspension done, since I dont have any adjustables and pretty much plain o'l stuff. I did have one run, that would have been a killer one, if I hadnt left early on to little boost on the break. I left to try and get light, but it bogged badly and the other guy was gone, I dont get going until top of 1st gear. I ran 6.7 in the 1/8th at 116mph, but finished at 9.9 I think at 157mph. She was alive on the big end for sure. The guy I raced ran a 8.9 at 150, and I was running him down.

Quint,
Can you post pics of that 315 drag radial on your car? I would love to see it.

Check out the Vid I posted today Louie. You should be able to get a good idea. Its basically on Streetfire.net go search and type in Fear to pull up my vids. Hope this helps. I will be taking a hammer to the fenders to notch them just a tad more Sunday

YEa big hammer no doubt brotha! I cant seem to get r done for the life of me. I know a bat rolling works so I have heard, but I cant seem to get it done

YEa big hammer no doubt brotha! I cant seem to get r done for the life of me. I know a bat rolling works so I have heard, but I cant seem to get it done

I haven't used the "BAT" method either. Just do what I do.... I sing the choirs from the song "I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drums (Buick) all day"...lol Swing away brother & good luck. ;)

CC