7th Annual East Coast Buick Performance Meet, Oct 10, 11, 2003

ijames

Cecil Co. Dragway, www.cecilcountydragway.com, North East, MD, just north of the Susquehanna River about an hour north of Baltimore and an hour south of Philadelhia, PA. Go west on Rt. 272 from exit 100 on I95 about 1/4 mile, go left at the light in front of Cecil Co. Junior College, go left at the sign after less than 1/4 mile, the track is on the left after a mile to a mile and a half [go slow on this road as there are dips and potholes - CI].

Friday, Oct. 10: All Buick test and tune with BOP time trials and gamblers race. Track opens at 9 am. [I assume that the normal Friday test and tune begins at 5 or 6 pm - CI.]

Saturday, Oct. 11: All Buick Race Day. Track opens at 9 am, eliminations mid afternoon.

Saturday, Oct. 11: All Buick Display Show, at the track.

Manufacturers and Swap Meet Friday and Saturday at the track.

Race classes:
V: All V8 powered
FD: Front wheel drive
T: V6 and turbos
PP: Powder puff
Q16: Qualified quick 16

For more information contact Doug Dougherty (302) 653-2201, John Csordas (845) 528-4746 and NCsord4@aol.com, or Griff Atkinson (410) 472-2757

Host Hotel: Crystal Inn, 800-638-3803, I95 & MD Rt. 272 (exit 100), North East, MD 21901. Reservations must be made by Sept. 30 and you must specify Buick GS Regionals to get special rate.

Preregistration must be received by Sept. 30. Make checks payable to "East Coast Regionals" and mail to:
Bill Ross
c/o East Coast Buick Meet
213 North Brown Leaf Rd.
Newark, DE 19713

Friday test and tune, $30 per car w/driver and 1 passenger ($50 at the gate)
Saturday race day, $30 per car w/driver and 1 passenger ($50 at the gate)
Spectators Friday and Saturday, $10 (under 12 free). Included car show.
Vending fee, $20 per day

My guess is to encourage advance registration, to give them a better idea of the turnout (and ease some of the financial risk). That's just my guess, call one of the contacts and ask them if you want to be sure. This is the price structure they've had for the last several years.

Just wrote my check out. This event rocks!

Thanks for the heads up Carl.

The reason the prices are structured that way was answered very well by Carl. Have you ever rented a track before? Ever you ever attended a private track rental? This stuff costs money! My buddy dropped in at Atco a few weeks ago on a week day for a private track rental and it was $150 with about 15 cars there!
At E-town you pay $25 to race and you get 2 or maybe 3 time shots and then eliminations and you probably go out first round after being there all day. Friday at Cecil you can make 50 or more runs on your car (ask Doug Kelly and his wife who made over 100 runs on their GN's 2 years ago) and they really prep the track all day! Saturday is alittle more crowded but I bet you can get 8 or 10 time shots in before eliminations. Just ask on the board and they will tell you the the real deal!
John Csordas
Director
Northeast GS/GN Club,Inc

Sorry, but betwen work,my kids practices and games,and the "in-famous honey-do list",i cant really plan that far ahead.So if i am free that saturday i will pay to watch like i have done the last 4-5 years. Thanks for the explaination.

John, since you are directly involved with the track rental, how about asking the track to bring back the burnout shields they used to have behind the water boxes? These were plywood walls about 8' square with legs that stuck out front and back to keep them upright. The two cars would pull between them, forward towards the tree but still well behind any staged cars, then back into the water for the burnout. They didn't really block the view of anyone in the staging lanes because of the steep slope in the lanes, and they kept the rocks and rubber off the front cars waiting in the lanes. I'm sure you remember them. Anyway, just a pet peeve of mine after hearing a few rocks bouncing off my header panel, grill, windshield, and front-mount over the years.

Carl, I will see what I can do. The track is very user friendly and if they still have the boards I think they will take care of it. I usually don't let my son pull down until the guy is done with his burnout anyway. Hope we get good weather for the event. See you there!

Buick only?

John,
Is this event open to only Buicks. Doug H. posted on the BPG website other cars are welcome.
Artie

What kind of car count

What kind of car count does this event get, and is it all Buick or do they allow others to run? Thanks Dave

Naturally weather is a factor but we have had 150 cars in years past. We encourage Buicks only for Saturday but others are welcome but you will get more runs on Friday because of the fewer cars. Cecil is a great track and the traction is always 100%.

Carl, You talked me into making the Cecil Co. trip this Weekend at Bristol.My car will probably be sporting the new Janis tranny by then if I can locate a 30-inch ext., but I'll be leaving it home this time and flying up.Thanks for all the tranny-installation tips. See you up there in a couple of weeks. John :cool:

Sounds great, John. There weren't many people at Bristol but the ones I met there were sure friendly :). I still think you should bring your car up for the test and tune on Friday :).

Regarding the non-Buicks.....they are allowed in both days for test and tune ONLY! Saturday's Eliminations are for Buick-powered vehicles only!

The weather forcast is calling for some excellent weather so come on down and tell your friends. Should have some recording breaking ets I'm sure!. We are also having a club barbeque at the Crystal Inn Friday night after the racing around 5:30. Hope to see you there.
If you need to reach me you can call the club hotline at (845) 528-GSGN or my cell (914) 447-6068.

just wanted to say thanks for everyone that attended the cecil county meet this past weekend. Hope everyone had a good time and ran some good numbers. Congrats to everyone especially jack cotton for getting the 8. Hope there was no problems and hope to see everyone comeback again to keep the event growing. There was a lot of people that came a long distance and i hope it was worth it. Thanks again John Csordas and the Northeast GS GN club.

Thanks John. I think it's safe to say that everyone I came down with had a great time (as always!).

How many racers were there on Saturday. I heard that there were upwards of 70 on Friday.

Thanks again!
-Banning.

Many thanks for the hospitality shown by the NE GS GN Club! I flew in from S.C. for the event and had a great time.Was all by myself on Sunday and the guys invited me to breakfast . Thanks John ,John Jr., Doug,Rick et al. John Jackson:)