79 sport coupe

Since you're a senior you should be out in the next year, right. If this works out you might be able to make it.

first off, I dont know if I belong in Texas I once when I was little I got lost @ DFW Internatonal, scary.. even though I was thinking of moving there, secondly for all I/we know I may be in autobody for another year because of the stupid class schedule, Instead of being in the shop for a few hours at a time, im only learning for an hour and 15 minutes A DAY, so it would take me longer to complete it, and my TB aint in no shape to drive that far.

You're welcome to join us Jesse. I think we'd even keep it fairly clean if the family wants to join in. Gotta keep the little ones safe from the bad influence of you after all LOL

You never know what I'll do;) My little one is already brainwashed so don't worry about her and I messed up the wife a long time ago:eek:

If I can make a vacation out of it hell yeah! It would be cool to see a big group of B4B cars:cool:

Mike how is the power valve setup in your holley? do you know the vacuum rating on the power valve by any chance?

first off, I dont know if I belong in Texas I once when I was little I got lost @ DFW Internatonal, scary.. even though I was thinking of moving there, secondly for all I/we know I may be in autobody for another year because of the stupid class schedule, Instead of being in the shop for a few hours at a time, im only learning for an hour and 15 minutes A DAY, so it would take me longer to complete it, and my TB aint in no shape to drive that far.

Texas State Technical Colleges is where I got my Associates. I'm part of the Texas A&M education group now. H@LL YES I'M AN AGGIE AND PROUD OF IT!!! Texas is a little different and I don't live in DFW anymore thank God. I was thinking a little further North and East myself. You're still little as far as age so don't worry about it.:biggrin:

You never know what I'll do;) My little one is already brainwashed so don't worry about her and I messed up the wife a long time ago:eek:

If I can make a vacation out of it hell yeah! It would be cool to see a big group of B4B cars:cool:

Maybe we can allow some HA guys to join in so you and Keith can come Jesse.:eek: I see that Aj hasn't jumped on it yet so maybe I'll see what I can find out there. I'll bet he's trying to find one but just doesn't want to say anything yet. LOL:biggrin:

Texas State Technical Colleges is where I got my Associates. I'm part of the Texas A&M education group now. H@LL YES I'M AN AGGIE AND PROUD OF IT!!! Texas is a little different and I don't live in DFW anymore thank God. I was thinking a little further North and East myself. You're still little as far as age so don't worry about it.:biggrin:

Maybe we can allow some HA guys to join in so you and Keith can come Jesse.:eek: I see that Aj hasn't jumped on it yet so maybe I'll see what I can find out there. I'll bet he's trying to find one but just doesn't want to say anything yet. LOL:biggrin:

no I got the HA riv.... thats good enough for me.

A.j.

Have my timing cover off getting rid of the chinese junk . When Ihad it apart noticed the cam was set at t d c on the crank it is supposed to be 4 degreew advanced so I corrected the problem it should run real good now .Has anybody else had problems with chinese timig covers ? The first one would not even get oilpressure and the second one was still apile of crap.

I would rather buy old used crap off the board than chinese junk. Uh, when are we getting pics of this car???

I agree with A.J. throw the quadrajet away and bolt on some real per formance. Having a better accelerator pump system really helps off the line.Not to mention the easy access to new parts . Mike

So what condition was your Quadrajet in? I assume you were having troubles with it, so you swapped to the Holley. I don't think it's fair to compare a new, working Holley to a old, worn out Q-jet (if that applies).

I see plenty of Buick 350 and 455's at the track doing incredibly well on Q-jets. If they were all jumping to Holleys, I might think differently.

In the end, whatever works, works. You did the power valve right and it's running better, so obviously made the right move for your car. :cool:

Not saying the stock carb didnot work ell be fore I just could not get it right again after taking it out of storoage . Had several good carb guys look st it including mt boss who tweaked it the first time it just wasnot right agaian. That aside no comparison between the two on my car noteven when the Quad was frehly tweaked but this is on my car it is not computerised if it were Iwould be using a quadrajet also. Holley is the carb of my choice and has been for28 years thanks for the input love your site Mike