78 turbo regal tranny swap

you didn't happen to take any pics eh?

i have a few questions about locking converters. what will happen if i get a locking converter on th350? will it give me the sensation of having a 4th gear? and now, how does the converter lock work for racing? is this different than a trans brake? ohh, and how do you manually lock the converter? you don't have to get out and make a linkage adjustment or anything?

Don`t mean to hijack, but since we are talking trans... would a 700 bolt in place of my 350? I`m planing on dropping a Vortec 350 in my regal while I rebuild the 3.8

you didn't happen to take any pics eh?

i have a few questions about locking converters. what will happen if i get a locking converter on th350? will it give me the sensation of having a 4th gear? and now, how does the converter lock work for racing? is this different than a trans brake? ohh, and how do you manually lock the converter? you don't have to get out and make a linkage adjustment or anything?
A locking convertor will reduce the slipping of the convertor kinda like a manual clutch. It's an electrical connection on the tranny so you can use a toggle switch to turn it on. Look on the tranny for a square plug and that's the connector for the clutch.

Don`t mean to hijack, but since we are talking trans... would a 700 bolt in place of my 350? I`m planing on dropping a Vortec 350 in my regal while I rebuild the 3.8
Yes, but you will most likely have to add the extra crossmember mount to be able to do it, as well as a different driveshaft.

Yes, but you will most likely have to add the extra crossmember mount to be able to do it, as well as a different driveshaft.
I was afraid of that... so basically my only other option would be to just find a 200-4r? Is there a difference between a Buick 200-4r and a Chevy?

The 200R4 came with a BOPC bell on it many times so it shouldn't be that hard to find Jase. It's also the better tranny.:)

Did nit have to add any thing to my car to put a 700 r4 in it just shortened the drive shaft and very slight tranny mount adjustmant. It has been in the car since 2000 no problems at all.

It came out of an Iroc had it rebuilt and upgraded before it got put in. The only problem was the Iroc stall is only about 1400 behind a V6. Putting in a 2800 soon