78 Regal Sport at Daytona Speedway

batmansbuick

Superhero
One of our club members brought out his 78 Sport Coupe to the Daytona show this weekend. Bought it from a little old lady a few years back....

Attachments

• 78regal.jpg
    78regal.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 78regal2.jpg
    78regal2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 201
Nice car. I wish mine looked that good right now. Is that a factory alarm I see in the left fender?

No factory alarms in 1978. That fender mount is an aftermarket unit.

Not only was this Regal SC there but George also spotted a Century TC for sale in the car corral plus there was at least 3 or 4 carb turbo Trans Ams there. I should have taken some pics. Every one was in great condition.

Yep, here's the Century, sadly I think the motor was replaced with a 350 :mad: something scribbled on the windshield about a 350?

386 area code though, come on Eric you need another project

Attachments

• turbocentury.jpg
    turbocentury.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 162
I remember seeing a century with a Riveara driveline stuffed in the trunk years ago. I haven't seen one of those in years.

I love the grille of this car...

Why my 80' sport coupe have the strange "french fries cutter" grille ?
22274_285.jpg

:D

That CTC needs to be done right. I always wanted one. I already have one Regal project I cant finish.

And I have a couple of Riviera hot air powertrains that I could use to make it mid-engined.

Yep, here's the Century, sadly I think the motor was replaced with a 350 :mad: something scribbled on the windshield about a 350?

386 area code though, come on Eric you need another project

Hey I saw that Turbo Century pulling into a Walgreens at LPGA Blvd in Holly Hills a few weeks ago. It had out of town tags back then....350...blasphemy! :biggrin:

As I am looking at it..........,I'm thinking, a set of pro stars would set this car off!
Thanks for the pix.,Don