'78 LeSabre Sport Coupe

Steelroy

I've had this car on the "one of these days I'm going to restore it" list for way too long.(my GN is next!) It's real rough and is probably only good for parts unless you're a real die hard "save every turbo car" enthusiast. The drive train is intact. It's a Qjet turbo. The turbo is toast...no,really! Limited slip. 15" (5")pattern chrome wheels. The color is a brownish/bronze with light tan bench interior. Whole or parts. PM me and I'll get a few pics.

You won't be able to post pics until you have a few more posts Roy. I need a turbo control center and PEVR valve if you have them though. If you want to pull the chunk out you might get $100 for the posi with gears included though.

Thanks Charlie. Actually what I meant was for anyone interested to send me an email and I'd send the pics that way. The motor is complete and everything is there (as far as I remember!):rolleyes: Those TCC units were known to give fits to the mechanics because of the temp fluctuation from it's location. Afraid I don't know what a PEVR valve is tho. I think I'll let the notice run for a while to make sure no one is looking for a complete motor and attatchments. The rear housing has 2 tags on it. I'm assuming one is the Limited Slip ID. The blacked out grille and all the badges are there. Actually a picture of this car's color combination was shown in some of the Dealer literature. Do you have any idea of the production numbers? A long time ago I talked to someone at Kirban who estimated it at a thousand or less which was the main reason I've hung onto it this long.

It might get somemore attention if you post it in the cars or parts for sale section with some pics.

Aell for info you can go to BEFORE BLACK Website. Rich's site has a lot of info so it should help you figure out how many were made.

To locat the PEVR valve, there is a small vacuum line attached under the fuel inlet of the carb. Follow that line and it will go to a valve with three lines on it. This is the PEVR valve.

I followed a few links and did find that the estimate on production was put at less than a thousand made in '78. So,with that in mind I'd like to let the car be available as complete as possible for as long as possible just in case there was someone who wants to tackle a resto. If it doesn't work out that way we can always go back and address the individual parts. Thanks for your understanding guys. I'm in NC via PA.
Mat231v6,the car is "your" color! And it's a bench seat interior.

One more post?????? You gotta be kiddin me!!! I was new to a certain guitar board and just happened to mention that I had a certain guitar for sale. Well,one poster chimed right in and informed me that I needed 100 posts before I could "advertise" anything for sale since that was the rule. I found that a bit hard to believe so in my typical Philly/Jersey sense of sarcastic wit I made a crack about it and I even included a "jk" at the end of my post. Well needless to say all hell broke loose and the feeding frenzy began on the "newbie". I'm not one to back down,especially to a horde of ignorant cockroaches,so it got pretty ugly right up until a Mod finally stepped in and called it off. So,this comes as a pleasant surprise! Thanks. I'll go take some shots of the beast and get them on here asap.

Thankfully, most on this board are into helping each other out instead of finding a way to step on someone. Good luck finding a home for the car and welcome to the board. I'm sure there are some that will be glad to see the pics even if they're not buying, so get some posts up.

Just to help things along:

The Lesabre is a b-body.

The body style you have was used from 1977-1979 even though the turbo coupe didn't come into play until '78. Many body parts will interchange with the Olds Delta 88 coupe from that same time span.

The same basic chassis was used on all b-bodies all the way through until the end of production in 1996. The RWD Lesabre, Delta 88, Custom Cruiser, Roadmaster, Caprice, Impala, and Fleetwood all share many common chassis parts. The exceptions are that the Cadillac Fleetwood/Brougham had the frame stretched 6 inches to provide more rear legroom, and the wagons have a slightly revised rear frame section. The '80's Caprice police package (9c1) as well as all b-bodies produced from 1991 to 1996 have a 5x5 bolt pattern as opposed to the old standard of 5x4-3/4

For anyone interested in restoring this car who aren't concerned with concourse quality period correctness, you're able to do cheap upgrades using parts from the mid '90's Caprice/Impala SS such as lowering shocks/springs, 12" disc brakes, rear disc brakes, control arms, and so on.

If I had the space and money I'd be all over this, even though I prefer the revised styling from '80 onward

Thanks Bammax,that was excellent.

"If I had the space and money I'd be all over this,"

Well,if it helps you,or anyone else,the car is worth $500 and you'd be doing me and my neighbors:rolleyes:a favor! It's raining here in NC so I'll have to postpone the photo op. With the "post count" issue still at large here,I'll post the pics in my "Stuff" album as soon as I get them. That is unless the Mods want to cut me a break here (?) and allow me to post them in the For Sale section?? Look at my album,I bleed Buick!:D

some tips for you post how much you want for it, give more info on stuff, and you might sell it if you post it in the for sale section not alot of people look here to buy cars or look here all together. If your going to part it out tell me i might want to buy thing from it.

If the car is complete and just needs to be finished then it's worth way more than $500. If the car is rotten or the frame is shot or something major like that then it's worth more as parts since a frame off restoration is very expensive on a car that's not yet considered collectable.

Some of those trim pieces and badging are worth a pretty penny to people looking to restore or clone a turbo coupe. Then there are those who would use some of the parts on their GN's just to stand out a little. The LeSabre got a few things that are familiar to the GN crowd, but in a slightly different form, such as the turbo 6 emblem in solid red as oppossed to it being in red/yellow.

If I lived near you I'd come check it out just to see how much work it would take to rebuild, or just to use as parts for my LeSabre.

Not sure when the emblem change started but these are from the 86 LeSabre GN

lesgnemb.gif

As opposed to the 86 Regal GN

gnemblem.gif

The 86 is a FWD if I remember right and by badging the car this way it could be made for Nascar the next year. I may be wrong but if you check Kirbans and sign up for the news letter he's about to go into the FWD version of the GN.