78-83 non SFI motor

Habibacus

Hey guys, i had a couple of questions. Im looking at buying a motor that is a 3.8 pre GN. I was wondering if it could be converted to a SFI. if so, what all would i need to do?, is that block a good block to build up? please let me know yalls opinions. thanks

Hey guys, i had a couple of questions. Im looking at buying a motor that is a 3.8 pre GN. I was wondering if it could be converted to a SFI. if so, what all would i need to do?, is that block a good block to build up? please let me know yalls opinions. thanks

You can SFI it, but it`s going to cost you. Whats your budget?

what you can do is get a draw thru turbo motor and put a tbi system on it. i think jase was going to do that. that would save him from trying to find a carb. just saying:D

Attachments

• TURBO%20SETUP.jpg
    TURBO%20SETUP.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 103
dang wrong picture. :mad:

Attachments

• !BkPm32!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEsmmLlje4BLWymPW,Mw~~_3.jpg
    !BkPm32!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEsmmLlje4BLWymPW,Mw~~_3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 101
what you can do is get a draw thru turbo motor and put a tbi system on it. i think jase was going to do that. that would save him from trying to find a carb. just saying:D

I still plan to do that, but I want to get the turbo on and then I need the vacuum block from the carb. My friend had a stripped down S10 in the ghetto with a tbi, I`v been trying to get him to let me take the tbi off it before someone sets the truck on fire or steals it for scrap metal:biggrin: they already smashed all the windows out, stole the radio, seats... but the hood is jammed so that`s all there:biggrin: I thought about using that tbi and see how it works as a blow-thru first.

I still plan to do that, but I want to get the turbo on and then I need the vacuum block from the carb. My friend had a stripped down S10 in the ghetto with a tbi, I`v been trying to get him to let me take the tbi off it before someone sets the truck on fire or steals it for scrap metal:biggrin: they already smashed all the windows out, stole the radio, seats... but the hood is jammed so that`s all there:biggrin: I thought about using that tbi and see how it works as a blow-thru first.

the blow thru cost alot so i would just use it for a drawthru setup. if he lets you; get the harnest, tbi set up, sensors, and ecm. i would grab the fuel pump if you can.that would be nice if he lets you have that stuff then it cost you nothing to upgrade.

the blow thru cost alot so i would just use it for a drawthru setup. if he lets you; get the harnest, tbi set up, sensors, and ecm. i would grab the fuel pump if you can.that would be nice if he lets you have that stuff then it cost you nothing to upgrade.

Will do, I`m going to snag everything I can... even the chrome headlight braces that hold the headlight on, mine are broken, but they haven't fallen out yet:biggrin:

I got your email and will get back tonight, I have to take off right now sorry.

Will do, I`m going to snag everything I can... even the chrome headlight braces that hold the headlight on, mine are broken, but they haven't fallen out yet:biggrin:

I got your email and will get back tonight, I have to take off right now sorry.

ok

I think the SFI intake manifold from say a gasps! FWD LG3 or similar engine would do good.... save money as they;re qute similar....maybe hard part is routing the coolant; but im not sure; I know the manifold can be flipped around....it would put the TB right over the front of the engine....its doable. might need some more fiddling around lol; however, the simplest from the get-go would be to do the TBI conversion like these guys have said..or just grab a 86-87 SFI turbo;d engine all in one stroke....