750rwhp @22#'s for "FEAR"

Quint

Ok, Conlyes just started the tune process :) they are working their way up the boost chain, tuning every little bit. The first time on with some tuning still left at low boost (low boost for this Turbo atleast) was 740-750@22#'s. More bost to come end of the week, looking for some where north of 1000rwhp. We are throwing on the bottle to help build boost out of the hole as well. Thats it for now. Jusa6 is hopefully going to get the Vid of 1000+ dyno pull. more to come, thanks :D

Quint said:
Ok, Conlyes just started the tune process :) they are working their way up the boost chain, tuning every little bit. The first time on with some tuning still left at low boost (low boost for this Turbo atleast) was 740-750@22#'s. More bost to come end of the week, looking for some where north of 1000rwhp. We are throwing on the bottle to help build boost out of the hole as well. Thats it for now. Jusa6 is hopefully going to get the Vid of 1000+ dyno pull. more to come, thanks :D

Cool, thanks for the update.
I knew that you would need N2O to spool the 91MM with that converter.
That will be one scary car!

John Wilde said:
Cool, thanks for the update.
I knew that you would need N2O to spool the 91MM with that converter.
That will be one scary car!
yea john, you where right on with that one :D

John Wilde said:
More of an update please!
they are still working on it. Got the NOS on, but blew a belt off during a pull tonight, so back on it tomorrowo :cool:

Quint said:
they are still working on it. Got the NOS on, but blew a belt off during a pull tonight, so back on it tomorrowo :cool:

Sick, please let me know!

Quint said:
hey quint ,call me at the office,i want to get this 1000rwhp on vid, call me at 713-753-7702,let me know details,and arrange with the conley's so i can get the camera rolling. thanks!

Quint,
Sorry I missed you friday @ the shop. Atleast jeff was there to let you take "FEAR" around the block. So tell me, How did it feel @ only 11 psi.? :eek:
CC

BAGN said:
Quint,
Sorry I missed you friday @ the shop. Atleast jeff was there to let you take "FEAR" around the block. So tell me, How did it feel @ only 11 psi.? :eek:
CC
lets see.........................................................Jeff gotta turn around and check the shorts :eek: I can only say, that DAMMMMN, couldnt immagine 20#'s or Hell 28#'s -30#'s and thats straight motor :eek: Or what about of the transbreak at boost. Seriously though, thanks for the ride and the great job and craftsmanship that you put into her. I felt like one of those guys on Overhaulin, the TV show, when that thing started. It was so damn Fierce that my baby boy (1yr 6 months) got bejesus scared out of him, but once that idle set in, he realized, hey this is a bad ride, that one day i may get to drive :rolleyes: :D

jusa6 said:
hey quint ,call me at the office,i want to get this 1000rwhp on vid, call me at 713-753-7702,let me know details,and arrange with the conley's so i can get the camera rolling. thanks!
Noe, i left you a msg, but will try you back tomorrow. The car will hopefully have the NOS spec converter in it by Tuesday, Wed for new dyno with Chris and company. :smile:

FEAR Update 3/08/2007

Just installed the Laundry bag on the back. Take'n it out to HRP this Friday for NHRA license passes.
Good Luck Quint.
You owe me lunch! :wink:

Attachments

• Copy of Quint Parachute 1.JPG
    Copy of Quint Parachute 1.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 683
  • Copy of Quint Rear.JPG
    Copy of Quint Rear.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 685
thanks for comps guys. I got a lot of work -still to do, like learn to drive. We still have alot of tuning and alot more left in the car. Its still a heavy weight at 3750 with me in it. Running this PT91.5 turbo is harder work trying to tune and figuring out everything to make this perfect than the 88's typically put on these stage motors. Building an 8 sec car that doest way 3000 pounds, is alot tougher than one would think. Im learning as I go along and cant wait to to step it up to slicks, which will help alot, and get faster and faster as I get more seat time. I would lke to go high 8's, or 9.0's/9.teens with no weight taken out to say i did it and than go balls out. Looks like, im getting my license though. We had hardly any tune on the car and no boost and still managed a high 9' sec run. only leaving at 7-8 pounds and short shifting 1500 rpms early on 2nd to 3rd so i dont miss it again, and with it falling over all the way through 3rd. All in all, a good night, coming back next Friday to test some more.