72 skylark getting a new powerplant, wiring?

frank700

Hi I've got a complete take out from a 87 T type that will be soon dropped in a 72 lark. I have looked over all post on wiring. This what I understand so far. I just build a 86 GN last year so know some about these power plants. I am not running the fan, AC or trans torque converter with this conversion.

1.Battery power at all times to the orange ECM wire.

2.Run a key start on power on fuse box and connect to wiring that connected the t types fuse box C100. ECM/SOL 10A, CCCI 10A, ECM IGN 10A, FP/INJ 15A, Guages 20A to a light then connect to bwn/wht ecm wire.

Am I on the right path here? Just want engine to run in car. Thanks

If I was going to install one of these in a non 80's G Body, then I would just call up John Spina CRE Loaded 6 - CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc., and would buy one of his transplant harnesses. It isn't cheap, but I would say it is worth every penny. Of course, you could always try to hook everything up with an existing harness, but you will need wiring diagrams, with the pinouts for the connectors, so that you could decide what you did and didn't need.

Harness: CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

Or even better, and cheaper: http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?cPath=5_6_32&products_id=1462

PM me a phone number and I'll go over it with you. I was halfway through the swap when I got a deal I couldn't refuse on a much lighter body. I still have a lot of parts I won't be using now, including a bolt-in EFI tank.