70's Nova goes down

kjhansen

Nobody at cruise night tonight. Guess it was too cold--but it was dry until after dark. I pulled into the Conoco to get some chips and there was a 70s Nova with the SS hood, big tires, traction bars, and loud exhaust--needed paint, but the engine sounded healthy. I followed him out and he headed east towards 24. We ended up catching a light. Hoo boy! This guy's car looked and sounded pretty tough. He got the jump at the light as I spun the MT ET streets (I had it set up for some serious traction if needed, but they failed me! Too cold I think). But I eased up and nailed it hard in second and blew by him. Six cylinders of power! Slowed down around 100 and blinked the brake lights at him. He chose to do a fly-by. We drove down 24 (2-lane) nice and slow 'til he turned off.
Another win for Boost!
Keith

Nice kill man. I was actually going to buy a 68 Nova as my first car instead of the GN. 396, 4 speed, 4.88 rear gear:eek: bench seat, black, and 307 badges on it;) I wanted it soo bad, and the price was right, but my dad did not like that idea at all, so i decided to buy a little 6 instead.

70s Nova with the SS hood, big tires, traction bars, and loud exhaust--needed paint

I thought they all needed paint, or did they just come from the factory with grey primer?

A musclecar with a bark much worse than it's bite. Gee, I've never come across one of those before. ;) Good kill.

"I thought they all needed paint, or did they just come from the factory with grey primer?"

hehehehe, read my mind.
Nova's and 2nd Gen F-Bodies ( as much as I love and respect 'em ) are the most primered cars on the road around here.

this is a little off subject but not all the way since we are talking about muscle cars

in one of this months muscle car magazines is a built 67-69 Camaro SS

and the badges on the side of the car say 705"

the engine is so freaking huge its a joke, the deck height if I remember is 11.7"

the whole car was taken apart in the front to fit the damn engine
it layed out something like 890hp to the wheels and a mere 800 torque, not really sure if those numbers are as impressive considering the engine size what is that like 11.6L?

damn

Yeah and with all that weight up front it probably makes the handling of a TR seem like a slot car. ;)