70mm TB

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
I just bought a 70mm Kenne Bell TB,My question is will it HURT my performance by installing it now,or should I wait till the heads and roller cam get done? I'll prolly do that at the end of this summer. Looking to go into the tens.

The 70mm Kenne Bell TB will not help you until your in the mid to high 10's, it would actually hurt you at your current ET.

I understand it would not make any big differance but why would it hurt his ET ?:confused:

Because you wouldn't be moving the volume of air efficiently to make the combo work with stock unported heads. The stock untouched Iron heads can only get you in to the low 11's and that's rare. The stock TB is more than enough for that. A bigger 70mmTB would just slow air speed down. You would have more volume but less air speed. Remember heads are like a Dam and the air is water. You need to pressurize the system efficiently.

Because you wouldn't be moving the volume of air efficiently to make the combo work with stock unported heads. The stock untouched Iron heads can only get you in to the low 11's and that's rare. The stock TB is more than enough for that. A bigger 70mmTB would just slow air speed down. You would have more volume but less air speed. Remember heads are like a Dam and the air is water. You need to pressurize the system efficiently.

never been down that road ,I did 70mm when I went to GN1 heads per EVERYBODY's suggestion :) ....but:confused: ... I wish I kept my stock TB and did some first hand testing right now ....wonder if I put a stock TB back on it with my motor build today ..would I loose some ? ..... would it be the same :confused: ..... and I wish I tried to put 70mm BEFORE I put GN1 heads on it and see what's up ? just wonder anybody has FIRST HAND data with combos/swaps like that ?:rolleyes:

I say run it. I've done stranger things (like a stock turbo with 72# injectors).

Do you really need it though... even for high 10's? Several people I know (myself included) have gone well into the 10's with 100% stock throttlebodies and upper plenums.

I say run it. I've done stranger things (like a stock turbo with 72# injectors).

Do you really need it though... even for high 10's? Several people I know (myself included) have gone well into the 10's with 100% stock throttlebodies and upper plenums.

I guess more for cosmetic reasons right now,and figure I would be able to use it (Performance wise ) later,but not if it will hurt me.

It is a waste. The throttle blade on the stocker is still bigger than the outlet of the turbo. I am going with a 70mm with a front mount just so the plumbing is all 3". There are many guys running mid to high nines on the stock throttle blade.