70 Gtq Street Turbo

What you have is a streetable combo. Very true what was posted earlier, might be a little slow off the line but it will be hell on wheels after that.

The alky injection is a good insurance policy, I highly recommend you keep the boost levels in the 14 psi range so you dont start breaking pistons, cranks and so forth.

Your drivability will be in the tune. Give it some timing to get it to spool, then play it safe with the boost levels.

My 2 cents

Sure is streetable, and will have the top end charge as mentioned. Just give it enough fuel or alky and you'll be fine. For example, I was limping around on 42lbers and just upgraded to 60s....and my little buggy has a new life. Tons more power on the top end.

Good luck and enjoy the combo ! And be sure to report back on your results, as I am considering upgrading turbos from my OLD big shaft 63 wheel to a 70 wheel (albeit w/o our cubes).

You have the combo to put down some serious smack, yeah!

The turbo is not a bb and i plan to keep the boost low on the street ,,20 LBS,I dont want to go sideways to often

20 pounds!!! at 12-15 on the 71 gtq gets scary fast , at 20psi the car is dipping into 10s

The turbo is not a bb and i plan to keep the boost low on the street ,,20 LBS,I dont want to go sideways to often

20 psi is too much. You will be popping a head gasket or worse.

You will be surprised what 14 will do with that size turbo.

FYI

HOW,,do you figure that,,,,with my te 45 ,i ran 24 lbs all the time on the street,,,useing razors kit ,,,and i never blew a head gasket and i never used any fancy head gaskets,,,,its all in the tune ....DONT DETONATE OR AS WE USE TO SAY DONT PING for the old timers:D

HOW,,do you figure that,,,,with my te 45 ,i ran 24 lbs all the time on the street,,,useing razors kit ,,,and i never blew a head gasket and i never used any fancy head gaskets,,,,its all in the tune ....DONT DETONATE OR AS WE USE TO SAY DONT PING for the old timers:D

Once you get into these bigger wheels you are flowing much more air at lower boost levels. I can say that 14 or 15 psi on a 70 turbo is probably the same amount of air you would flow at 24 psi with a TE 45.

My dad ran a 70 on a stock block, ported heads car using a 3800 stall converter. I tuned it for him.

He switched out the 70 and has a dual bb 66, with a FAST ECM and alky. At 16 psi he cracked the piston in half.

All I am saying is be careful, its your motor. But I bet you dont want to blow it up too soon.:smile:

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I just installed a 70gtq with the .63 ex housing on the combo in my sig. Nice to see some guys getting good results and reasonable street manners. :cool:

Lets Roll

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I just installed a 70gtq with the .63 ex housing on the combo in my sig. Nice to see some guys getting good results and reasonable street manners. :cool:

When we going for a Ride Big Dawg!??????

Throw the tire Chains on, Im ready for some Boost!