$70.00 Advanced Autoparts Fuel sender, any one using it?

Project TNX

Well, I tried to order my new gas tank today, I have a $175.00 gift card to Advanced Auto but the guy said they were unavailable, I don't know what that's about. After it said they couldn't get one he checked some vendor of theirs called "Right Choice" and the screen said call for price but I noticed it said Fuel sender for $70.00.

So, has anyone tried one of these senders or know if they are the correct one? I guess I am ordering the tank off Ebay and saving the gift card for purchases down the road. :(

I just bought 1 for my E85 conversion and it was a NA hanger. It was under an 87 GN sender. This is what I needed anyways for my Weldon pump since I was just using it to get my guage to read. Did they show you a picture of the sender??

I just bought 1 for my E85 conversion and it was a NA hanger. It was under an 87 GN sender. This is what I needed anyways for my Weldon pump since I was just using it to get my guage to read. Did they show you a picture of the sender??

No, no picture and I never saw him type in turbo specific in the "Right Choice" section.

What is different about the N/A sender? My sender is usable but nasty looking so it's down the list away's unless this $70.00 will work. I wonder if we can trasnfer our stuff to one because only my pipes seem nasty?

The feed tube on the 1 I bought went straight down and then made a 90* bend. It had a mesh filter on the end of it also. It also had no plug on it, just a little post for the + and a little ground wire.
HTH

No, no picture and I never saw him type in turbo specific in the "Right Choice" section.

What is different about the N/A sender? My sender is usable but nasty looking so it's down the list away's unless this $70.00 will work. I wonder if we can trasnfer our stuff to one because only my pipes seem nasty?

The na does not have a hanger for pump and no return line. they do have a vapor line you could probably use as a return line and fabricate a hanger for the pump and the wiring would be tough. there was some one on this site that was making stainless hanger assemblies. maybe try a search

Hi,
No way a vin A sender will do the job. For that matter, I can't think of any G body that was fuel injected, besides the 84 to 87 turbo regal.The tank is different, too.It's baffled, and seems larger. Spacers mount the straps.

The na does not have a hanger for pump and no return line. they do have a vapor line you could probably use as a return line and fabricate a hanger for the pump and the wiring would be tough. there was some one on this site that was making stainless hanger assemblies. maybe try a search

This guy?;) http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/215155-new-double-pumper-sending-unit.html I made the prototype out of stainless, but the cost of stainless became too much for most.

Hi,
4.3 L Monte was FI? I had forgotten.It was doubtless equipped with CFI,and the venerable 5L motor. That was a pretty good combo,and pretty rare today. I guess the fuel tank COULD be the same, and the hanger, but the CFI motors ran low fuel pressure, almost to carb levels, like 9 to 11 psi.

TBI for the 4.3 and feedback carb for 5.0 ltr. FIgure that out:rolleyes: . Don't really understand why they didn't make the v8 tbi also, wouldn't have taken a whole lot. Or at least make it an option. I've converted a 4.3 truck to a 350. Was easy. Plus it was way more fun to drive beings it was a shortbox and it was a 5 speed. Put headers on it with a single shot straightpipe and a busted out glasspack muffler. SUPERTRUCK;) I wonder how much of a difference the tanks and hangers are between the TB and 4.3monte?

i can't see why the TBI V6 Monte tank would be any different than a TR tank- change the TBI pump for a SEFI pump, and you should be good to go.
i'm getting 3 mid 80's Montes pretty soon- the "good" one (and the only one that came with a title) is a decent black 86 SS with no motor or trans, one of the others is a base model 85 with the TBI 4.3 in it, and the third one is an 84 or 85 SS with no motor or trans that took a hard front end hit. my plan is to take the tank and lines out of the one with the 4.3 and use it to swap that 94 Caprice LT1 i've got sitting around into the "good" car and make a fun driver out of it. when i get the tank out, i'll snap some pics and take some notes- hopefully in the next couple of weeks..