7.63 @91.01

muzz

Hello all. I am so pleased with my times.This is only my second time ever drag racing and I went 7.63@91.01 in the 1/8 with a 1.76 60 foot time. It was at 25 psi with 1.2 degrees of knock retard.Alky set on #6.
I was wondering if I am at my limits or if I can push it a little more.I would love to be in the low 7 range.The engine is stock so I am letting it shift on its own.I know it will not rev past 5200 rpm.The valve springs are original and I was thinking about changing them just to be safe.
What do you all think? I value all the opinions here and have learned alot from here.Thanks in advance

Just Push It Til It Blows Then You Know Your Limits, Dont Worry About Knock It Is Your Friend , Shows That You Are Making Hp

Not really the advice I was looking for.I dont want to damage an engine just for fun.:frown:

Just Push It Til It Blows Then You Know Your Limits, Dont Worry About Knock It Is Your Friend , Shows That You Are Making Hp

This coming from someone that didn't know the difference from a hot air to an IC block several months back.
Hate to give you grief but your last several post....Well enough said. :rolleyes:

muzz, try adding more alky to see if you can get the knock under control.

Just Wante Dto See If You Knew The Answer To The Hot Air Thing. Ow Well You Didnt Because You Didnt Respond, Just Like You Dont Know The Answer To Your Problem Now, Well Since I Am Such A Nice Guy I Will Tell Ya.

Get 3 Gallons Of Race Gas And Mix It With 3 Gallons Alky Then Take A Towel Put It Into The Can Of Fuel You Made , Lightit With A Match And Throw It On Your Car Then Your Problem Will Be Solved. And All Is Well ,
For You And Us As We Wont Have To Listen To The Damn Bellyaching No More. Get A Life

Just Wante Dto See If You Knew The Answer To The Hot Air Thing. Ow Well You Didnt Because You Didnt Respond, Just Like You Dont Know The Answer To Your Problem Now, Well Since I Am Such A Nice Guy I Will Tell Ya.

Get 3 Gallons Of Race Gas And Mix It With 3 Gallons Alky Then Take A Towel Put It Into The Can Of Fuel You Made , Lightit With A Match And Throw It On Your Car Then Your Problem Will Be Solved. And All Is Well ,
For You And Us As We Wont Have To Listen To The Damn Bellyaching No More. Get A Life
Why dont you get a life and dont respond to a question unless you are truly trying to help.If you have a problem with what I ask or say why dont you take it up with me personally.There is no reason to spew your garbage here to try and bring down this website.I am done saying what I have to say and just want to say thanks to the others for their help with my questions.