69 Road Runner

Studmonkey

goin fast is $ well spent
Need help or does anyone know of a Road Runner forum? Might be selling GN for a 69 depending on rarity. Color moulin rouge, 440 6 pak, auto, drag pak, also has a snap on vinyl roof? I know Mopar put some crazy things out, but very tempting and affordable. Just have to sell GN. :frown: :confused:

The color isnt correct 4 car. They didnt use that till 1970. If the car is originally 6bbl , it will be 69 1/2.:)

I had a '70 Moulin Rouge Barracuda with a slant 6.

If its even a real roadrunner, I'd bet money it was originally only a 383 car and definitely wasn't factory pink.

440 swaps into 383 roadrunners is probably the most common engine swap because it is so easy.

m code was a 440 6 pak. Color might not be correct but the motor is. Trying to find out about the snap on top?

I have never heard of a snap on vinyl top, sounds fishy. True 69 1/2 440-6 lift-off hood Roadrunners are worth quite a bit if correct. Without knowing more, it sounds like a clone.

Looks to me like you've already been informed here tho of this not being anything orig. Never ever seen or heard of any snap on top. Is this a convertible type thing? VERY suspect. I bet that 5th VIN digit is a J. Look at that before making ANY decisions. Actually, DON'T look at that, slice the trunk weather seal loose a little along the the left rear quarter where you feel bumps underneath and read THAT serial#!

You can try joining MoParts to ask more questions. But from your description I'd bet just about anybody with a little mopar in their blood could help you shoot this idea outa the sky. Sorry...

moparts: Viewing forum: Moparts Mopar General

A 69 Roadrunner with a 440 6 pak? :confused:

I didn't think those were worth anything. I thought the 426 was the most desirable one.

Keep the GN :tongue: :biggrin:

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic. The 440 6 pack was the cheaper alternative to the Hemi.

A 69 Roadrunner with a 440 6 pak? :confused:

I didn't think those were worth anything. I thought the 426 was the most desirable one.

Keep the GN :tongue: :biggrin:

Six Pack's, as describing the RR's properly(Six Barrel on the SuperBee) were limited production items in spring '69 and therefore equally valuable

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic. The 440 6 pack was the cheaper alternative to the Hemi.

Not inexpensive in their time either. Especially given their availability. Yet neither were practical in any sense. With the Hemi you got consant valve lash issues and cold start problems and with the six pack you got Holleys that refused to cooperate with each other. Was a choice of removing valve covers or not! Under the skin there are six pack specific items as well as shared items to Hemi cars. The resale return on a A-12 car exceeds GN possibilities if it's real. Then again, the restoration possibilitie$ of a RR exceed what likely on a GN too!

Six Pack's, as describing the RR's properly(Six Barrel on the SuperBee) were limited production items in spring '69 and therefore equally valuable

Road Runners had "6 Barrels", Super Bees had "Six Packs"

Six Pack was Dodge, 6 bbl was Plymouth

I had a 6 bbl 'Cuda, the Challenger was a Six Pack

ha! i'll show this thread to my gal and she'll straighten all of you out. :biggrin: she is a frickin mopar NUT!!!
we went to one of those classic car places recently where they don't allow you to breathe on the cars. she was wearin a short skirt and went right into the owners office and asked if she could take som pics with the orange charger. he threw her the keys and told her she could do whatever the hell she wants! :p

Here are a few shots of my neighbors car. Indy headed 383/auto trans. Interior work is next on the list.

hpim0108.jpg

hpim0111.jpg

Console shifted And AIR,,, VERY NICE!!!

Thanx for untwistin me there too Chris.

I've still got a handful of Mopar's myself. F-bodies, with that I'm sure nobody wants to know more! :wink:

Console shifted And AIR,,, VERY NICE!!!

Thanx for untwistin me there too Chris.

I've still got a handful of Mopar's myself. F-bodies, with that I'm sure nobody wants to know more! :wink:

I didn't know there was a difference until after I bought one. I wanted to get a "Six Pack" decal for my 440-6 'Cuda Air cleaner lid and there weren't any for cuda's but there were for Challengers and a light bulb went on in my head.

Before that moment, I thought they all were called Six Packs and obviously hadn't paid close enough attention.

ha! i'll show this thread to my gal and she'll straighten all of you out. :biggrin: she is a frickin mopar NUT!!!
we went to one of those classic car places recently where they don't allow you to breathe on the cars. she was wearin a short skirt...

Pics please.....

Here are a few shots of my neighbors car. Indy headed 383/auto trans.

Indy Cyl head. They're based like 5 miles from where I grew up. A guy I went to h.s. with has a cousin I think that married one of the Flagle guys.

dang. i thought i posted like 3 or so pictures :confused: only see the one. have to wait til i'm wit my laptop

pretty green roadrunner btw. the trunks are massive on those things