'69 COPO Chevelle vs. '87 GNX- Vote

Shoot, one post on this board with your location would get you a good mechanic. I personally have enough parts, and many others too, that could easily keep any tr on the road! :)

Not a lot of TR mechanics in Michigan. And you're out of your mind if you think you can keep a daily driver GNX on the road for long. Break a GNX unique part and show me where to find it lol. AND keep it under 10 grand lol.

Outside of some rear suspension differences with the ladder bar, the extra body bushings installed, the special analog borg warner gauges setup, the fender vents, the 16 x 8 GTA style rims blacked out, the turbo having ceramic inside of it, and a couple little tweaks they made in the chip along with the spark system to squeeze alittle more out of what was already conservatively rated at 245hp / 355-360 ish ft lb torque in the GN's and the slightly lighter T's in 86 & 87; there isn't really much different between a GNX and the other intercooled TR's component wise.
Yeah they only made 547 of them out of GN's that got picked to go to Mclaren to become GNX's, and yeah the GNX was conservatively rated at 276hp / around 370 ish ft lb torque,but if you tear down a GNX and a GN or a T you'll find there isnt as much as you think different among them.

But back on topic, i'd love to have both a copo & a gnx.
Wouldnt mind a yenko camaro or yenko chevelle either tho.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nice video!…(y)…BUT…I would've liked to see a side by side run at the track!…:sneaky: It's hard for me to decide which one I like best because I own one of each…but I'd just say this:

Performance factor = GNX
"Thumbs up" factor = Chevelle

Claude.

Not a lot of TR mechanics in Michigan. And you're out of your mind if you think you can keep a daily driver GNX on the road for long. Break a GNX unique part and show me where to find it lol. AND keep it under 10 grand lol.

What unique parts outside of the ceramic turbo are prone to break? I wouldn't run the stock turbo either. Ta49 and alky at least.

Not necessarily break, but corrode, wear, get lost, bend, fracture, or become otherwise unserviceable. All cars do it. Keeping a standard issue gn nice and complete is hard enough to do, with all the DMSMS issues, let alone a car that's only ever had 547 on the planet. Screw that. I don't know about you, but I'm kind tired of a car built on an entire collection of "one offs". It's a headache.

GNX, but that is just because I know what it is. If I didn't have a clue and no other information to go on other than seeing them sitting side by side, then the Chevelle. If I didn't have a clue and saw the GNX waste the Chevelle on the street while cruising away with the ac on and cruise set, then the GNX.

So, now it's official. Two out of three me's prefer the GNX.