'69 COPO Camaro on Ebay

Uh...yeah, I think I'll just get a couple of GNXs instead. If the car was in that condition WITHOUT restoration then maybe I could see spending that much.

That car is absolutely beautiful!!! Love the color, wheels, and especially the motor......if only i had $1150, 000 lying around......wait, i dont even have $290 for a new catback

That's a sweet frickin car! So who wants to bid for me for Christmas?!? :D

Only thing I hate was the dog-dish wheels. But I guess factory appearance means just that.

COPO had the iron blocked 427 rated at around 425 hp, produced closer to 600...identical hp rating of the ZL-1. 13.2 on those silly 6 inch bias plys. Was the ZL-1 available in any '69 Camaro?

yes 69 ZL1's in 69 Camaros were built..

Originally posted by WakkoSS
COPO had the iron blocked 427 rated at around 425 hp, produced closer to 600...identical hp rating of the ZL-1. 13.2 on those silly 6 inch bias plys. Was the ZL-1 available in any '69 Camaro?

COPO (Central Office Production Order)

9560 = ZL-1 Aluminum 427
9561 = L-72 Iron, solid lifter 427 w/425 HP

The Yenko Camaros started life as 396 cars and were converted to 427's at Yenko Chevrolet. COPO 9561 was factory built and available to any Chevy dealer.

Could you get the ZL-1 engine in anything or only base Camaros?

Some guy on the 'net told me the '69 IROC came with a supercharged inline 8 cyl 454.

Yes, I'm kidding...

And 50 of the 69 were delivered to Fred Gibb Chevrolet in LaHarpe, IL. I grew up about 20 miles from LaHarpe, the dealership was still there about 5 years ago. Went inside and not a trace of the history of that event inside although the Gibb family still attends larger ZL-1 events. I think 39 of those cars were sent back to the factory and re-distributed.

I remember reading in Car Craft some years ago that there was actually a few RS models built, and they had a small article on what what supposedly the most-optioned ZL1 ever built. For some reason the number 32 stands out in my mind (32 meaning the 32nd ZL1 built) It was an RS model with PW, PDL, all the goodies....I wonder what that would fetch for a price now?

troGNman I knew I had the numbers right, I just had 'em crossed up. :)

Steve