66 Chevy II with 3.8?

VIRGIN87T

More Boost
Im not sure if this has been posted yet or not but I just got the latest edition of Super Chevy Magazine and there is a BEAUTIFUL 1966 Chevy II Nova with an 87 GN 3.8, bored .030 over pushin out 550hp :cool: He even has a little power six logo on the fender to let people know what hes got under the hood. All I gotta say is WOW, very sweet ride. You guys should check it out if you can, the only problem is that the car is practically on the last page. Thats chevy editors for you. :rolleyes:

damn,i'm trying to convince a friend of mine to do that right now.he's already got a 66 nova ss with an 11:1/afr head/solid cam 406 that runs 11.0's.he's got another 66 ss rolling shell that he was talking about building up "stockish" for him and his old lady to drive around in.

those things are light as hell,2800-3000#.if a guy built a basic mid 11 regal combo he'd be friggin flyin in a 2800# nova:cool:

yeah, that car pretty awesome if you ask me. The 66-67 Chevy II body style has always been my favorite of the Novas. You should show him that magazine so he can see what the possibilities can be.:cool:

I completely missed the car my first time through the issue! I'm glad you pointed it out... VERY badass II! I think I've fallen in love.

This is something that I have been thinking of doing since I bought my Regal. My first car that I bought was a 1967 Chevy II. I still have it sitting in the back corner of the garage. It is beadblasted and sitting in primer. Has anybody here ever attempted to put a V6 into Chevy II. I have a old Hot Rod magazine with a 68-72 Nova with a turbo V6.