65 GS. Possible purchace. Anyone know these cars?

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
Hi guys. I came across a 65 Buick GS 2 door post with a factory 4speed. Car is in ok drivable condition with a little rust in the quarters. Seller says it is pretty rare being a post car and a 4 speed. I know that the post cars are usually less desireable than the hard top but that may also make them more rare. The 401 is out and it has a sbc but he says that the original engine and all its componants are available through another guy but he wants as much for the engine as this guy wants for the car. What are these cars worth?
Thanks,
Steve

A 65 GS isn't really the most desirable year especially with rust in the 1/4's and a SBC under the hood. How much is he asking for the car?

Neal

Friend of mine just bought a 65 GS with a stick. He paid 7,500.00. Not sure if it is a post car. All original, one re-paint. Phil.

HTML:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Buick-Skylark-GS-Clone-/180918239359?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a1f91407f
i have actually been real interested lately also in picking up a GS if I could find one.. i really know next to nothing about these cars as they are quite a bit older than I am but know I love buicks and love the body style :D i know I should probably join v8buick as you guys mentioned to ask around cuz Im real wary about buying something off ebay and have been workin so much I have no time to travel to see a car.. and I know how helpful this turbo community is.. so if anyone is in or around chicago and wouldnt mind test driving a GS clone for me thats listed on ebay that would be awesome! thanks guys!

-Rich

ps Sorry to Hijack youre thread Steve but I figured since we were both interested in old(er) :p buicks i'd make my comment here also

HTML:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Buick-Skylark-GS-Clone-/180918239359?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a1f91407f
i have actually been real interested lately also in picking up a GS if I could find one.. i really know next to nothing about these cars as they are quite a bit older than I am but know I love buicks and love the body style :D i know I should probably join v8buick as you guys mentioned to ask around cuz Im real wary about buying something off ebay and have been workin so much I have no time to travel to see a car.. and I know how helpful this turbo community is.. so if anyone is in or around chicago and wouldnt mind test driving a GS clone for me thats listed on ebay that would be awesome! thanks guys!

-Rich

ps Sorry to Hijack youre thread Steve but I figured since we were both interested in old(er) :p buicks i'd make my comment here also
No problem Rich.

The value of that 401 goes way down without the car. Sounds a little like a tag team but I'm somewhat overly suspicious. I remember seeing one sitting at a restaurant in Davie, FL from 1995 - 2000 just rusting away. Probably toast by now. Good looking body style, my grandfather had a 4-door with a 300.