65 Grand National

Turbo T-type

Well I decided I was going to pull the drive train out of my 87 Turbo T and put it in my 65. First step was to get the car painted the same color so I would be more interested in it. Little did i know that the whole underside of the car was rotted out so this "little" project that didn't need to cost that much because I had a donor car turned into another money pit. Anyway here are some Pictures so far. If you want to see all of the pictures you can check out the Album on Photobucket http://photobucket.com/65_GN

Before:

Frame off ran all new brake lines and fuel lines:

Pulling the 87 Drivetrain:

Had to install the Regal frame pads due to Oil Pan clearance issues:

Putting the Drivetrain in the 65 Frame:

Working on the wiring:
Removing all of the AC/EGR/Canister/Powermaster stuff that isn't needed anymore.

Working on the body:
All new floor and trunk pans as well as all of the floor pan braces and rear body mount brackets

Putting the body back on the frame:

Por-15 the floor and trunk pans:

Finishing up the Engine harness:

Body work on the top of the car:

Top of the car in sealer:

Instrument panel with gauges and CD player:

Was even able to remove the Oil and Temp Idiot lights and replace them with Low ALKY level and Service Engine Soon lights:

Hopefully the front end will be back on this weekend and I can finish up the wiring and radiator and all that good stuff. I still have to mount the computer and install the fuse box harness.

I totally just realized I never updated this thread last year. The car is pretty much done. I just have some odds and ends to finish up.