6 speed Lt1 in my Buick(Your Thoughts/opinions)

ThaBozz89

Don't Try it You'd Lose
First: let me say that this is NOT a GRAND NATIONAL(its a regular buick regal)

(I FIGURED I MINE AS WELL DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO A REGAL BECUZ IT WOULDNT HAPPEN TO A GN....PERIOD..

Second:I havent seen anyone on here do that(THEIR MAY HAVE BEEN..JUST NOT THAT I KNOW OF)

Third:What do you think?

Go for it, there are couple of guys on lateral-g.net that have done this and if it is not a GN why not.

You'll never be able to pull in 6th gear unless you use an extemely high gear. 5 are more than enough.

Wicked

Thanks wicked,and i appreciate the website u posted,Also i happen to find an engine out of a 1998 z28 Camaro with 60,xxx original miles,imma Go For it;)

Charlie:Thats very true,Hes Got a 5 speed also,i just figured i'd ask everyone on here,i thought to my self that 5 speed would most likely be pretty decent becuz the normal speed limit is 35 around here,lol

Well if it helps I broke a 5 speed in half with my old NA car, but it wasn't any where near a stock engine. This was before the T5 HD units were available.

Charlie your 83 is coming along very good i meant to mention to you,cant wait to see it when its done:)

Believe me, you're not the only one. I'm just gonna use the 83 for a test bed though. After I get everything figured out and running right the chasis and driveline goes under the GN.

Ls1

Anthony go for the ls1 in that 98 z28 ,I just finished my 67 Chevelle with an 2001 LS1 and 4L60E and the car runs great

Boosted

Hey Lenny is the chevelle with the Ls1 a standard or automatic,just wondering because the guy here has a LS1 and A Lt1 z28 engine and They both r in great Condition