6 months into my first Buick

Good2win22

After much consideration, I decided to sell my 1965 GTO and go after cars that I really wanted but couldn't afford back in high school. The first car I sought after was a Mark 3 Supra. I found one along with a few extra parts but it was long from being what I was after. So... After I happened upon an 87 White Turbo Regal, I had to have it. I have many memories of a friends GN and the purchase actually got us talking again.

I went head first into research mode and found a few oddities. The car was sold at West Covina Buick in mid March of 1987 to a fella named John Matzner. I wasn't able to find much info about the original owner. It then appears that the car was sold to a fella in Waco and that is who I purchased it from. A little over 83K on the odometer when I got it and now I'm getting close to 85K. Car was originally two tone with white on top over black on the bottom. I have been un able to find some really good quality pics of what the original paint scheme looks like but I'm still looking. According to the RPO sticker in the trunk, car was built with power door locks but not power windows, digital dash and concert sound. Everything else on the car leads me to believe that this car would have been a great candidate for a WE4. Aluminum bumper mounts, black out trim, sport suspension and of course the LC2 engine.

I have since changed the valve springs, timing chain, water pump, thermostat, radiator, gas tank, fuel pump, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, hot wire kit for the fuel pump, bracing in the trunk and under the core support, Turbo Tweak chip. I added boost gauge, water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge and a tach. I polished the T type wheels and added some rubber but it still didn't look quite right. So I went to work looking for some GNX style rims and found some just last week.

I am quite pleased with this car and expect many years of enjoyment with it. Thanks to all the forum members for the knowledge that you have placed here at Turbobuick.com. I wouldn't be where I am at with this car if hadn't been for you guys!
image.jpg

I would keep the all white and black out the trim. Car looks immaculate an great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

I saw a kit from duplicolor that alleges it can take chrome items and turn them into "black chrome." Besides the bumpers the only other items that are chrome is the plastic parking lamps near the headlights.

I have been removing trim pieces a few a week and revitalizing them with a satin black. I think my next project will be to tackle the window weather stripping. Both sides have either been cut or have separated and there is a horrible wind noise when the windows are rolled up.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions!

Good2win22 said:
I saw a kit from duplicolor that alleges it can take chrome items and turn them into "black chrome." Besides the bumpers the only other items that are chrome is the plastic parking lamps near the headlights.

I have been removing trim pieces a few a week and revitalizing them with a satin black. I think my next project will be to tackle the window weather stripping. Both sides have either been cut or have separated and there is a horrible wind noise when the windows are rolled up.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions!

Well before you go any further with stripping the chrome (if thats whats you are doing) and try plastidipping the trim pieces flat or matte black. Not sure their color options regarding different style of black. It's rubber paint and is removed just by peeling off with your fingers. An you don't have to strip the original paint.

Try it out. I tried my rims on my dd and it worked out great except for keeping them out in the sun while still wet. My mistake.

Dammit with the white ones...j/k very Sharp car, when I build another one it'll be a white one...Mike

Well before you go any further with stripping the chrome (if thats whats you are doing) and try plastidipping the trim pieces flat or matte black. Not sure their color options regarding different style of black. It's rubber paint and is removed just by peeling off with your fingers. An you don't have to strip the original paint.

Try it out. I tried my rims on my dd and it worked out great except for keeping them out in the sun while still wet. My mistake.

The trim on the car is already black. I'm just giving it a freshend up look.

Definitely looks good. Trying to get your hand on the rear spoiler set up? That would give it that finish touch.

ive never seen a two tone white/black before....this car would be very rare if that was the original color

I don't have a pic of the trunk label here on my IPad, but the codes for paint on the label were 11U, upper exterior paint-white and 19A, two-tone-black stripe. Also has the same codes on the metal paint label on the fire wall. I'll try and post a pic of both labels later this evening

I don't have a pic of the trunk label here on my IPad, but the codes for paint on the label were 11U, upper exterior paint-white and 19A, two-tone-black stripe. Also has the same codes on the metal paint label on the fire wall. I'll try and post a pic of both labels later this evening

Very cool

Here's a few pics of the day I brought her home...
018.JPG

020.JPG

Here's the digital dash...
040.JPG

Here's the truck label and paint label...
037.JPG

036.JPG

If anyone has some photos or knows of any photos of a two-tone white on black Regal, please let me know. I can only imagine what it might be like but a pic is worth a 1000 words. Thanks in advance!