6.0L turbo build

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Hey guys,

I'm one foot into an LS 6.0L build and I am a lil nervous about parts selection. For those of you that have done it...I am looking to learn from your experiences. Ive bought a bare 6.0L block that will come with rebuilt cathedral port heads on it (not sure what casting # heads yet). I'll need to load it up with all the sensors, injectors, wiring and FP rails etc.

My setup will include a single turbo and I am aiming for the 700 HP neighbourhood.

Where do I begin?

I have an LS2 intake that I am about to buy from a guy so that's a start....but
what injectors?
what fuel components will I need?
what the best harness option...?

I don't even have one to work with so do I get one 'stand alone' type or try and find a used OEM to have modified? I was thinking about a completed harness plus get Caspers to make up a plug so that I can used the existing dash etc.

I've decided I am going with the Holley kit for the accessories so I will need to source out an alt, PS pump etc.

Looking for some guidance.

Thx

Last edited:
The LS2 intake is for Cathedral port heads and wont work on the LS3 style heads. We have the Holley intakes in stock

Mike - I have a guide here saying the LQ9 and LQ4 (6.0L motors) both have cathedral style heads...no?

I have a brand new Speartech harness with ECU for drive by wire. Also the pedal if your thinking of going that route

Sorry guys my bad...edited first post to correct. It will have 862 heads.

Boostdeznuts - thx for the reply...I'll shoot you a PM

Any of you ever use truck accessories / brackets?

I'm not sure of they fit as the Alt looks a bit high but it sure would cut down on cost to not buy a bunch of different pulleys n brackets. I realize the truck steam pipes won't fit the LS1 intake so i'll be changing that of course.

ThisIis what its looks like
20140223_170628.jpg
20140223_170624.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

Wish I was at the stage you are right now lol. I saw another build thread on here where it looked like truck accessories as the Alt was quite high. I think I will be buying the Holley kit that comes with PS pump, pulley, Alt and brackets. Its on sale now and comes as an all in one pkg. I will have enough other stuff to mess with so I want to keep the accessory stuff as simple as possible.....I'll have to change the crank pulley or buy the brackets to push the PS and Alt outward to line up with the truck crank pulley.

Stick with the truck accessory drive. It clears the hood and saves some loot.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app