5th Gen Z-28 and SS Camaro

Other than the 'Cuda-looking back, looks great to me! Actually, I LIKE the 'Cuda-looking back, just looks a bit too "Plymouth" for a Camaro!

And I'm pro-retro all the way. All cars look the same these days, so if they can't design a decent new car, then re-design a great OLD car...:D

Give GM a hint

If you guys would like to send GM an e-mail, one that would be read of course, Johnny Hunkins is leading the way. click the link then scroll down near the bottom there is a link there for you to Voice your opinion on this Car. The editors at PHR want this car made just as badly as some of us do.

Frank

GM sucks :cool:

They are so far out of touch with whats going on in 2003 it will take them 5 years to release anything that would even remotely be cool

Originally posted by TTA89
GM sucks :cool:

They are so far out of touch with whats going on in 2003 it will take them 5 years to release anything that would even remotely be cool

I concur :rolleyes:

Ford has that really cool Mustang concept, it would be refreshing to see GM do something like that, but it will never happen.

I wonder if all GM's work on hotrodding Cadillacs will gain them any marketshare or lower the average age of Caddy buyers?

Pete

Maybe after the imposter GTO fails, Klutz will be fired, and someone from the Z-06 Team will get the job...

Nahhhh, it's cruel to EVER get your hopes up THAT high! :eek:

That car is not real, it is all computer modeled

Damn it looks real! I must be getting too old that I cant tell.:eek:

Frank

throw in an LS-6, and a T-56 tranny, and I would buy one today!!
that thing is just..........awesome. Hope there are some GM engineers looking at this.....:rolleyes: I still hate them for the axe that they gave to the F-Body.:mad:

Jim Warren's quote says a lot:
There's a push on now at GM to make doors thinner. What that does is inhibits design and shape, making the body more slab-sided. This is to reduce the die stations at the plants so they don't have to draw the door inner panels so deep. It reduces the cost. A car like this with some shape in it has some zippiness, but that may be at odds with the business case.
The beancounters don't give a rat's butt about a good looking car. Cheap-to-build is the 'in thing'. :rolleyes:

I like it, but it looks like a cartoon hot rod from the side. Either the hood is too high and rounded, or the nose is too down turned. The engine would be in you lap. That red one looks better, IMO, being flatter. I like the head lights on the red one too, the other looks too much like the Mustang coming out, but with a bowtie. You know they won't do it without goofing it up with that SSR-style big huge chrome stripe/bowtie deal they insist be on everything now. :rolleyes:

That's all being picky, the guy did a great job. Better than the 4 door SS GM came up with, but I like that one too.

I think it is TOO retro up front! But the side and rear are cool.

Retro designs have a bad track record...

VW Beetle - cool in the beggining, ghey now (well, its always been ghey, but I mean saleswise they aren't as strong)

PT Cruiser - Everyone and their mom wanted one...now Chrysler is having trouble selling them. They need to come out with all of these "special edition" ones, with stickered on flames and crap.

05 Mustang - Has a STRONG retro look....we will see how they fare.

Personally, I think GM is waiting to see how the 05 Stang does. If it is really hot in the beggining, and then dies, you can count on not seeing a retro design. But if the 05 starts and STAYS strong, then we just may see a 1st gen style car.

GM may be waiting to see how the 05 Mustang fares, but I will offer you a clue now. Being the other cars you listed sold well at 1st guarantees the initial success of the design.Then you have to factor in the cold hard reality of NO F-Body to compete against!, lastly its a performance car which none of the other Retros were. It's a dead ringer. Mustangs sell over 100000 units a year. next year GM will lose alot of former F-Body owners.Especially if the next stang has any balls. This kid hit a homerun just at the right time too. If Gm had any smart people left working for them they would jump on this idea and make some cars similar to what this kid designed. But we all know GM's track record "KILL IT BEFORE IT GETS ANY BETTER" especially if it threatens the vette in any way (ie TR,Syclone) The Corvette Division has single handedly destroyed more GM specialty Vehicles than any other bar none!

Frank