523 Hp

tazgn

I know I don't own my GN anymore, but since I'm still on here more than anything, I thought I would post my first dyno experience with the Z06 on here.

After putting 2000 miles on my procharger supercharger kit with a generic tune from on the computer I finally bought LS1 Edit and got the car to the dyno. My first run was a little nerve racking as I had no idea what to expect. I was HOPING for over 500 HP at the rear wheels. Then the results popped up... 473.1 HP and 429.4 ft-lbs torque. I was depressed. I didn't know if we could tune another 27 HP out of the car. But then the tech said she had an AFR of 10.8 at the beginning of the run and dropping to 10.2 at the end. So he took out 10% fuel and we tried again. I jumped up and down when the results popped up. 523.0 RWHP and 449.6 ft-lbs. We did one more run to back it up and got 521.8 RWHP and 454.0 ft-lbs. This is in Hawaii wih 83F temp. These are all the SAE numbers. The ONLY modifications to the car is a P1SC procharger supercharger kit and NOTHING else. There was another Z06 owner there that couldn't believe the results. He was only getting 355 RWHP from his car stock.

And believe it or not, I do actually miss the GN still....

P.S. I still have a few GN parts left in the garage. If anyone needs some Alky fo rtheir Alky kit, let me know. I have a 1/2 gallon you can heve...

Derrick

Only the supercharger kit (includes 40# injectors, fuel pump, procharger, intercooler) and then the dyno tuning. I have a set of Nitto 555RII's coming for the rear to get a little more traction. It's a bit different working on 8 cylinders but getting used to it. Now to convince the wofe to let me get something else for it. Looking for over 600 RWHP by the end of the year on pump gas. I figure a good set of headers and a cam swap should get me close. I used to hate guys who got all excited about dyno runs, and really hated when people asked if I had the GN on a dyno, but it's pretty cool now that I did it. I actually have the wife embroidering the dyno chart onto a t-shirt along with a picture of the vette. Coming out pretty good.

Derrick

Awesome man! I'm sure you're checking out the vette forums. Do you have the longtubes? !CAGS? Those LSx heads are killer, they flow so darn well, it made me, as an LT1 guy, cry. Heads, cam, gears, would be rockin' on your car. The heads and cam will put you there. Pretty damme sure. But of course, I'm repeating myself and that's a sign I'm happy for you. Keep me posted. And be sure you get your better half something nice! :cool: