5" Monster Tach

jojo

Ill Take A Moosehead Now!
Just looking for some pics of guys with these tachs. I just got one, i love the way this thing looks, i have a pillar mounted with boost gauge and knock gauge. I dont really want to drill holes in the dash can anyone comment on this, or put up some links so i can view where your tachs are.

thanks

jojo

Come on guys i know you have some pics and suggestions on this kind of tach, hook me up.

thanks

jojo

remember,like a boost guage you want the tach up as high as it can be, and unless you replace the rearview mirror wth the tach, i don't see too many other options

tach

i dont have any pics for you, but i have mine mounted on the dash cover. You know the big piece that surronds the insturment cluster. Anyways, its mounted on the right hand side up near the top. Looks great there but you have to drill hole in that piece.

Take the dash cover off and attach a piece of metal to the metal that holds the gauge pod on. Run the metal between the dash and the gauge pod cover. You then have a sturdy base to mount the tach without drilling holes.

Can someone send me some pics of what the Buick 5" tach looks like, or link me to a page, thanks.

NHH

anyone wanna forward those pics to me also...Im also gettin a tach and dont know what would look good in the car..thanks
Sleeper87

I don't have pic but i mounted mine on the steering column.I put a strip of black tape around the steering colunm to keep the stainless steel band from tearing it up when you draw it down. I also pre bent the band to fit around the square part by the turn signal. It turned out real nice and doesn't get in the way.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok can some of you guys put some pics of your tach mounted in the car, so i can get some ideas.

thanks again

jojo

i have a nice 5" autometer monster tach w shift light.. Well send pics tomorrow.. I am working at the moment.

Hey Black i like the idea of not drilling holes, your mount sounds like a good idea, but cant seem to picture it in my mind what you did. Is there any other way to explain or mabye send a picture for more clarity.

thanks

jojo

and thanks for all the other guys that replied. But im still open for some pictures please

thanks

jojo