5.7 Firebird and 231 ci verses 502 ci

Mr URL

Had an interesting night. Let my friend who also owns a '87 GN drive my GN to do a little comparison. A newer Firebird decides he wants to play a little bit. We let the Firebird go first and my buddy laid into the throttle seriously blowing by him as the tires go up in smoke. Little do we know there is a fleet of cops in the parking lot. They pull us over and write him a ticket. 63 in a 35 zone. I know we were going faster than that. I'm hoping he doesn't loose his license!!! He thinks he has a good chance of getting out of it since his dad is a cop which is good friends with the judge not to meantion a very good lawyer. Has in the past anyway.

After that we decided to head to the street races. Wasn't to many cars around. Mostly rice burners and a mid 70's Monte Carlo with a 502/502 Chevy crate engine. The Monte Carlo had drag radials on. My buddy asked him to race. I had regular 235/60/15 BFG Radial T/A's, 91 octane pump gas, SMC dual nozzle alchy kit, and a 17 degree WOT Extender chip. 22 psi boost. DirectScan is showing 344 GPS of air flow. I let my buddy drive my car. He left at a dead idle. The Monte Carlo gets the jump and my GN starts laying a very long patch of rubber. Half way through 2nd gear and my GN starts pulling really hard on the Monte Carlo to the win. Made up about 5 car lengths to win to 2 car lengths. Can't complain for 100% street trim and low timing chip! :D

Wish I had a set of slicks, race chip, and race gas in the tank!

they really need to just sell them 502's for boats..glad ya'll showed him the real deal.

have you got any times yet with the 51 turbo ??

Hehe! Nope, I haven't even been to the track once this year!! I'm going to wait until it gets a little cooler then hit the track a little bit. Changes from last year to my GN is upgrade from TE-44 to TE-51 turbo, 3.5" LS1 MAF, Translator, Extender, dual nozzle SMC alchy. Hoping to gain a few tenths.

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
they really need to just sell them 502's for boats..glad ya'll showed him the real deal.

have you got any times yet with the 51 turbo ??

do u know how big and heavy a mid 70 monte is the thing is a boat so i guess your response would be right and im sure the thing was not tuned right im doing a zz502 in my wifes car but its not going to be stock i hoged the heads out and put efi on it

george

My GN is a boat too. Weight is 3,900lb with me in it and a full tank of gas.

Seems as though the Monte runs very low 12's at the track. Sounds about right for what happened and what my car will run in street trim.

yea sounds possible i know a gew guys that have the suppose to be 502 hp 502 crate motor seems like they all run mid to low 12's in a full size car..

whatta sham 502 ci gas hog and 12's

TURBO TA 3.8 good luck with your project hope it works out with the injection are you going with the ram jet or a t/b injection?