4th gen swap...

blueta

I know this has been asked before but I searched and really nothing came up. Just looking for any links, info, or anyone who has done a swap. I have a 95 formula (lt1/auto) but I really miss owning turbo 3.8's :( I like the styling of both cars and I know it would be easier to sell the formy and buy another gn/t type, but I really think it would be awesome to make a swap. It doesn't have to be crazy fast or all decked out right away. I could do a bare bones swap (still like to keep the a/c though) as I could upgrade/update as time goes on. So any help or direction would be appreciated. I know bare bones things that I would need like the engine and accessories/pcm of course but mounting it, possibly keeping the 4l60e (don't know if that's possible) etc. Thanks guys!

I've heard of that article but never saw it. Looks right at home in those pics :) It says for more info on the swap visit gmhightechperformance, but isn't that where that article is? Thanks!

GN Bird

My Webpage with more pictures

A/C has to be removed, it hits the drivers side strut tower. No one that i know of makes mounts for this swap so you have to make them yourself. you could probably still use the 4l60e but then you would have a hard time controlling it cause it would be a pain to get it to talk with a buick computer, i would just go with a 200r4. if you have anymore questoins just let me know and im sure i can help you out.

How fast do you want to go? I can build the car for you. I make everything for the conversion mounts, down pipe, brackets, wiring, etc. I built the car in GM High Tech. And built many others. Call me I'm in NJ not far from you.
Between 10am and 8pm
(856)881-3235
Thanks, Steve Kaminski

How fast do you want to go? I can build the car for you. I make everything for the conversion mounts, down pipe, brackets, wiring, etc. I built the car in GM High Tech. And built many others. Call me I'm in NJ not far from you.
Between 10am and 8pm
(856)881-3235
Thanks, Steve Kaminski

Can that be done with a 98-02 f-body? And would it be easier to find a V-6 car over a V-8? This is really interesting.

Your best bet is to start with a Formula or TA because they have the suspension, trans and rear.
Steve K.

Steve, I sent you an email and called you too (left message). Haven't heard back from ya. You still around? :frown:

If you go with the swap and stay with the 4L60 you can use a bell housing adaptor from Trans-dapt. TCI make a transmission controller so you can adjust shift points/firmness ect. Or you can use the stock LT1 PCM but that take some doing...
It'd be a good swap for sure. I'd use the 2004R trans for the swap but that's up to you.

I've got a 67 Chevelle wagon that could use a decent LT1 if the price is reasonable. Maby we can work somthing out. ;)
~Scott

Thanks. If I do this I will definitly need to get rid of my lt1. It's got 76k on it now and doesn't burn any oil or have hg problems etc. It's internally stock too.