4L80e converter choice??

HIboostGN

Does anyone make a smaller dia converter for this tranny? One that stalls near 2500 at best? Can one be made special order? The reason behind the low stall is my combo but want the weight reduction of a smaller 9" or 8" unit.
Thinking outside the box ALWAYS !!
Jerry

Yes, They build them!

You can have it anyway you want: 10.5, 10, 9.5 , 8 single or multi-disc lock up or non-lock up. The sky's the limit. And yes, i build converters!! << Not ment to be a shameless plug.:biggrin:

Does anyone make a smaller dia converter for this tranny? One that stalls near 2500 at best? Can one be made special order? The reason behind the low stall is my combo but want the weight reduction of a smaller 9" or 8" unit.
Thinking outside the box ALWAYS !!
Jerry

What is your engine combo? Might be hard to build a 9" that only stalls 2500 with certain combos. A 10" would no doubt be able to be that tight.

Combo specs

iron ported heads with only 190 cfm, a 212 ATR roller cam, custom short tube 1/58 dia headers, twin stock turbos with .63 ex housing may change to .48 if to much lag? stock rear gearing but may change to 3.73, #83 injectors, huge custom twin turbo intercooler with co2 spray for good measure. I am not building a drag car but would like to open track it once in awhile. Trying to lighten the rotating stuff much as I can. I know about the weight penalty inside of the tranny but will never go back to a 200R4 again.
Thanks ALLOT GUY'S !!!!