4L60 filter with Art Carr deep pan???

Chris Taylor

Got 6?
I was told to stick with the 200 filter with the Art Carr pan because of problems with the 4L60 and 700r4 filters. I am going to install a new Art Carr deep pan and was wondering if anyone knows of any problems with the 4L60 filters in the 200's?

Mark,

I read that thread and others that I found in the search on the Art Carr deep pans. I was wondering if anyone had problems or heard of problems assoicated with using the 4L60 and 700 filters.

I was told that there had been some pick up and flow problems with the 700 filters when used in the 200. Does the design of the filters change the flow and volume to the pump?

I would like to use the filters that set lower in the pan if they don't cause problems. On the other hand if I can use a stock 200 filter, crimp the metal on the filter and overfill the trans. 3/4 of a quart, I will go with that.?? I want to do whats best for the trans.

The only problems I'm aware of, is trying to use a 700 in a 200 w/stock pan will crush the filter and a 4l60E won't fit. Other than that all I've heard is they work fine if you cut or mill the stand-offs in the pan and I've been using it in mine with no problems. :D

The 700 filter in a 200 with the stock pan will crush or short the 4th pressure switch and can cause lock-up problems.

I will be using a deep cast aluminum pan. Not a stock pan. I know not to use the 700 filter with the feet in the cast pan.

Metal on the side of the filter will still close the 4th psi switch. If there is a way you can keep that from happening then go for it.

Lonnie,

What about using a 4L60 filter in the deep pan? Would that work without causing problems to the 4th psi. switch?

wow, How did this get confusing?

The 700 and the 4L60 are the same filter.

I got my 4L60 Filter from a 1991 1500 with a 305

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54550

It thread shows how to modify the Art carr Pan to work with the filter. I have Pics of this Pan too after mods.

I run the art carr pan with the 4L60 filter setup. I have had Zero problems with it. I know there was a rumor that the seams of where the metal is folded over the plastic can suck air. This is possible, but is less likely than the stock filter design.

I do not know what kind of 60' you can pull with this combo. I only have a car that can run 2.0 60's. :eek:

using the 4L60 filter with the modified art carr pan will not interfer with the 4th or 3rd pressure switches.

Originally posted by 78oldscutlass
wow, How did this get confusing?

The 700 and the 4L60 are the same filter.

I got my 4L60 Filter from a 1991 1500 with a 305

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54550

It thread shows how to modify the Art carr Pan to work with the filter. I have Pics of this Pan too after mods.

I run the art carr pan with the 4L60 filter setup. I have had Zero problems with it. I know there was a rumor that the seams of where the metal is folded over the plastic can suck air. This is possible, but is less likely than the stock filter design.

I do not know what kind of 60' you can pull with this combo. I only have a car that can run 2.0 60's. :eek:

using the 4L60 filter with the modified art carr pan will not interfer with the 4th or 3rd pressure switches.

I consider as do most consider pre 4L60 to be 700s. I was reffering to the 93 up 4L60E filter it will not work.