henryr

i'm looking at #407. 23k miles asking $57k

anyone have any history / info outside of what posted on the registry ?

thoughts on pricing ?

tks

H

Price seems a bit low. But what condition is it in? Paperwork , mods etc? Does he have original parts if neeeded

Bone stock. One repaint. Book but no jacket. Price actually seems high given there's a 9k example several thread down for 62k. All of the 20-30k mile cares I've seen are in the 50s

You have to ask ,repaint........why ??????? With only 23k on it.The eng bay looks alittle cruddy,metal rusted,aluminum corroding for 23k miles. $57k,way to high IMO,..........$45 ish. Look into the 9k mile car for $62k.Might be flexible.

These are my estimates:

0-400 miles $70-80k
3k-5k miles $65-70k
6k-12k miles $55k-65k
13k-20k $50k-55k
20k-30k $45-50k
These figures are presuming they are in the condition relative to the miles.As miles go up so does the wear and tear.

My perfect GNX to buy would have the 6k-12k mile range so I don't feel guilty about driving it.

thanx seems like many of these cars have had repaints including the standard GNs

stage1gn........ wishful thinking on your prices,
at those prices , I doubt you will ever own one.
are you seeing GNX's at those prices? "NO"
add $10k across the board and you might be close.

You have to ask ,repaint........why ??????? With only 23k on it.The eng bay looks alittle cruddy,metal rusted,aluminum corroding for 23k miles. $57k,way to high IMO,..........$45 ish. Look into the 9k mile car for $62k.Might be flexible.

These are my estimates:

0-400 miles $70-80k
3k-5k miles $65-70k
6k-12k miles $55k-65k
13k-20k $50k-55k
20k-30k $45-50k
These figures are presuming they are in the condition relative to the miles.As miles go up so does the wear and tear.

My perfect GNX to buy would have the 6k-12k mile range so I don't feel guilty about driving it.

Those prices are probably fairly close (maybe a little on the low or wholesale side) for actual selling prices (not asking prices) but...

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0513-154214

GNX #54 with 148 miles just sold at Mecum for $107,500

I don't find it unusual for a 23K mile example (or even fewer miles) to have had a repaint. I've seen a couple 15K mile ones with complete repaints and others of various mileages with partial repaints and they all looked good. These were expensive high end exotic cars when new with the weakness of a crappy paint job. Maybe someone wanted theirs to look the part of high end too. Heck they all could have used a repaint in 1987. Heinz Prechter the owner of ASC who had the only official "factory" sunroof GNX #33 had his painted with a super expensive paint job back when the car was new. I believe the cost was around $20K in 1987-88 for the paint job. That car only has a little over 10K miles on it. It's no secret that the original GM "Magic-Mirror" acrylic lacquer paint was garbage in 1987 and as time goes on most all of them will need a repaint as you can only do so much to prevent the effects of aging regardless of mileage, use and storage conditions. The headliners in most of them have already started to fail. Even sub 10 mile no use cars! Check out the headliner and visors in the $107,500 car in the link above. As time goes on the single stage lacquer will crack, craze, haze and even with the best of storage conditions it's only a matter of time.

The recent GNX #54 with 148 miles is the same one from a few months ago that "SOLD" at Mecum for $82k with 144 miles.Owner buy back,or did it sell and new owner flipped for a cool $35k profit !!!!!!!The 4 other GNX's at Mecum recent auctions went to "Bid goes on" not selling.

Southern Motors in Mi just sold one with 5k miles,asking $69k,don' know what they got.
As far as paint failing and headliners coming down,UV light and heat speds up the process.I know of a few orig paint GN's/T-types still with no laquer cracking.My 1,400 mile GN still has perfect paint,and no sign whatever of headliner to fall yet.Proper storage is key,the prevous owners of mine state they never rolled windows down to retain that "new" car smell,....and it does.When you open the door,the new car smell hits you very strong.
I follow low mile GN's and GNX's when they come up for sale and it is amazing that some cars with extreme low miles weren't cared for and look like they have triple the amount.
The GNX in topic of this thread with 23k miles,to me,engine bay,does'nt look like one should be only having 23k miles.It is in Florida,so that salt air can be causing the corrosion/rust I see.Florida cars aren't as perfect as everyone thinks.If it were stored outside under a carport,would explain that and maybe the repaint,or one previous owner could'nt stand the shitty factory paint job.

The GNX in topic of this thread with 23k miles,to me,engine bay,does'nt look like one should be only having 23k miles.It is in Florida,so that salt air can be causing the corrosion/rust I see.Florida cars aren't as perfect as everyone thinks.If it were stored outside under a carport,would explain that and maybe the repaint,or one previous owner could'nt stand the shitty factory paint job.

I agree