400 lunging forward on start up.

nonoss38

Noticed yesterday that when I start my car up it lunges forwards a few inches in park. Fluid if full. Im sure this is in the valve body?

The forward clutch sounds like it's dragging because it was set a little on the tight side. It may be normal when it's really cold. Does it do it warm?
AG

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The forward clutch sounds like it's dragging because it was set a little on the tight side. It may be normal when it's really cold. Does it do it warm?
AG

Yes it does. I stopped at a job sight of mine yesterday and had it in park. Rev the engine and it jumped forward like it does on a cold start up.?

Sounds like it may need some attention. If the clutches are warped from slipping and getting hot it could cause this. Not sure if a cross leak in the valve body would do this but checking the vb bolts may not be a bad idea.
AG

The vb surfaces in the case are machined sometimes with a rough finish and Need to be stoned. I just did one over the weekend a happened to snap this photo showing high and low spots.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1382987028.597794.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1382987070.246660.jpg

Thanks for your help turbobitt. I was going to pull the trans out over the winter and check it out. Sad thing is there are not a lot of shops around my area that can build a 400 to withstand any power. Any advice on Shops that can build a strong 400?

Thanks for your help turbobitt. I was going to pull the trans out over the winter and check it out. Sad thing is there are not a lot of shops around my area that can build a 400 to withstand any power. Any advice on Shops that can build a strong 400?

Were are you located?
To be honest I'm not the authority on 400 but had some good success for my own build and also Kidglok's transmission.

Were are you located?
To be honest I'm not the authority on 400 but had some good success for my own build and also Kidglok's transmission.

Nebraska. I am not afraid to ship it out;) . Thanks again.