400 Liter/Hour single in-tank pump?

I dont trust the boost a pump. Cramming more voltage into a pump is a bandaid, and typical of Kenne Bell products.
"Hey, if 13 volts is good, 16 must be better, right?"

Has anyone burned up a pump using one of those things?

Originally posted by blackbuick87
I dont trust the boost a pump. Cramming more voltage into a pump is a bandaid, and typical of Kenne Bell products.
"Hey, if 13 volts is good, 16 must be better, right?"

Has anyone burned up a pump using one of those things?

There is NOTHING wrong with running a Walbro GSS340 up to 16 volts. The MSD and B-A-P units are very good. For the Buick the MSD unit is preferable as it ramps the voltage up based on manifold pressure which prevents pressure spikes.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

Russ at RC Engineering said that he has run the Walbros up to 18 volts, via the B&M Nu-Volt, and at 100 psig with no problem of overheating.

My problem with running the B&M, MSD, or the BAP is that there are vendors that support the Buick community, much more than B&M, MSD, or Kenne Bell, that make volt boosters which are much less expensive.

Caspers has a volt booster, along with Quad Air [1 (440) 235 3232 (10am-3pm ET M-F)].

ERIC.:)

the problem with a volt booster is it affects the entire electrical system and I have come to believe they can cause problems with your injectors at higher voltages

something isolated to the pump circuit would be ideal

Originally posted by Taffy
Russ at RC Engineering said that he has run the Walbros up to 18 volts, via the B&M Nu-Volt, and at 100 psig with no problem of overheating.

My problem with running the B&M, MSD, or the BAP is that there are vendors that support the Buick community, much more than B&M, MSD, or Kenne Bell, that make volt boosters which are much less expensive.

Caspers has a volt booster, along with Quad Air [1 (440) 235 3232 (10am-3pm ET M-F)].

ERIC.:)

Depending on which Walbro pump you have (gear set and armature dependant) you may or may not benefit from bumping the voltage beyond 16 volts. For a Walbro 340 the safe window of operation is 16-17 volts.

The volt boosters you refer to are for the alternators which bump the car's entire electrical system. To achieve the voltages that the dedicated inverter types do would mean extremely high alternator loads and potentially dangerous voltages which could damage sensitive circuits in the car. There are many good reasons for having a dedicated box to supply the pump and / or ignition system.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix