4" MAF Pipe with Z06 Sensor

Silverttype1

Should this MAF sensor readings ALSO be same as a stock MAF sensor; e.g., between 4-7 grams per sec at idle in park, car at operating temp? This MAF pipe and sensor connected to Precision 74GTQ DBB turbo.

My Powerlogger data (see attached file) shows consist readings between 17-22 grams per sec...seems kind of high to me, Im trying to troubleshoot a little rough idle wasn't sure if this may be the cause. I have a TT 93 octane chip installed.

If the MAF sensor numbers are too high, any insight on why and what to troubleshoot much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Z06 Sensor.dat
    208.8 KB · Views: 57
Mine reads 4-7 like normal. Is the translator set to 4 inch? Is it the slot style sensor?

TurboTnZ06...

Yes..good question; translator settings are set for 4". Base setting set to 9 "A" 10% more fuel, setting to 9 will make the engine want to stumble more.

I had one of those stick MAFs but it never did idle properly. I gave up on it. My setup was with a translator and an extender extreme. Car idled perfectly with an 85mm sensor but the stick sensor was very unstable at idle. Idle reading was at normal level, but the signal instability was like +/-2 grams instead of +/-0. 2grams

BEATAV8...Is it possible then my high MAF readings "may" contribute to the slight rough idle or focus/troubleshoot other area such as vacuum leak? BLM 137, engine at idle at operating temperature.

Thanks for your input.

what version is your translator?
Mike

I was about to call you back from our conversation yesterday...late last night I did some testing. You and may I add Eric Marshall as well were both correct on fan wash/turburlence concerning when both RC dual fans kicked on simultaneously provided my engine rough idle scenario. I am in the process protecting the air flow around my 9" K&N filter to assist on this...again much appreciate the assistance!

For grins, is there a "aftermarket container" i can place around the 4" MAF pipe and filter to assist on fan turburlence?

I have Translator ver 6.25; Eric Marshall just e-mailed me to change Power Logger settings from 768g/s and select 255 g/s...that was the solution in bringing my MAF readings now down to 6-8g/s at idle. And I guarentee you were probally going to advise that as well :)

A BIG THANK YOU to both you vendors! Much appreciate your services!!

Mike

I was about to call you back from our conversation yesterday...late last night I did some testing. You and may I add Eric Marshall as well were both correct on fan wash/turburlence concerning when both RC dual fans kicked on simultaneously provided my engine rough idle scenario. I am in the process protecting the air flow around my 9" K&N filter to assist on this...again much appreciate the assistance!

For grins, is there a "aftermarket container" i can place around the 4" MAF pipe and filter to assist on fan turburlence?

I have Translator ver 6.25; Eric Marshall just e-mailed me to change Power Logger settings from 768g/s and select 255 g/s...that was the solution in bringing my MAF readings now down to 6-8g/s at idle. And I guarentee you were probally going to advise that as well :)

A BIG THANK YOU to both you vendors! Much appreciate your services!!

Easiest thing to do would be put the air filter outside the engine bay.

Ok well I havent ran into this problems but I have this maf and the sleeving needed for it on order. Can I change g/s to get correct idle readings without a power logger. Currently running a tt 5.7 chip. Picking up regular translator also unless advised otherwise.

Slow91Z...yes, that is what I plan on doing... moving filter outside engine bay...thanks!

Big reazon...I suggest contacting Eric Marshall ... eric@turbotweak.com he can provide the answers you are looking for .