4 inch RJC exhaust

jcawley3

4 inch RJC exhaust bought about 6 months ago or so. I hate the way it sounds, it has broken twice on both sides on the muffler at the weld. I had it welded back properly using S/S the first time. Last night I was driving home after doing some work on it and tuning a bit..... I pressed one it a little and blew the other side of the muffler clean off..... it drug on the road a bit before I stopped and tied it up. not sure if it just broke ( loud pop I knew it blew something off) or it caught something on the road. I will limp it up to the shop over the weekend, take it off, and get detailed pictures of the scrapes on the muffler. I believe they are making these from a different stainless now. I could be wrong on that... I paid right at $700 after tax and such..... I see they are now $600.... I will take $450 obo... I want to be completely transparent on this so please pm with any questions..... as I said before I can get pictures but not until monday.... really looking to see if any interest. if not I gonna have to leave it on the car.... until I get the $ to get something else.

This unit rides low (at least on my car) claim to have no drone.... it does have a ear piercing drone (on my car) but it sure does look cool! :) you can hear the "whistle" from your turbo very good....

I'm sure someone will love it....its just not for me..... I will have it repaired before shipping.... however it will have scratches.

Will certainly entertain trades.....

I just got this system too. Are you saying the construction of the muffler came apart? I was looking at the muffler and thought it looked different from the sight pics. The one on the sight is a Borla...the one I got is def not.

I think you should contact RJC.

yes... the weld on the inlet and outlet blew completely off inlet the day I installed had it fixed yesterday outlet..... I think I had a backfire......there is no bend or dent... very clean break all the way around

I think you should contact RJC.
I did.... about the drone.... pretty much was told all TR's are different and that how it sounds on my car.... suggested I add a resonator just dont see putting a 2.5 resonator on a 4inch exhaust...... Im in no way trying to trash RJC I have lots of his parts on my car I love everything but this one.

I did.... about the drone.

Sorry to hear about your issue. Yep, I have the Mufflex 4" w/ Magnaflow staight thru muff. Drone is pretty bad at low speeds. Sounds great at WOT though. :)

I really like dual 2.75" w/ dual Magnaflow on the TB's. My favorite so far since I heard it in 2007ish.

Joe

I'll be adding the 4 inch Borla muffler to my system before it hits the car. Thanks for this info.

Pictures.......

Attachments

• IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 210
good new member here.... quick payment... I'll email tracking for you monday.... thanks.....