4.1 vs 3.8

Fasstcars

When only boost will do
I have seen a few production block 4.1's for sale and was wondering if they are worth the extra cubes. Are they as good as the 3.8 mainly...especially as far as strength.

do a search, theres tons of info on this topic.

i'm gonig to be doing a rebuild soon (as soon as i can afford to) from what i've read the 4.1 is prone to cracking even on the na cars, finding a good one is pretty hard, and then making it last is harder.

i've thought about taking a 3.8 and sleving it to a 4.1, or 4.3 (350 chevy pistons, very plentifull) but the cost of that just isn't worth it.

a stage 2 4.1 is a whole different thing.

If your looking for daily driver style set-up to where you can get the most power on lower boost settings for pump gas then a 4.1 will give you more

If your looking to see how fast you can go with race fuel/ high boost then stick with a 109 3.8 block

had they put a stronger deck surface on the 4.1 bocks then things would be totally different story

I am running a street type motor. The machine shop checked out my original motor in my car and for the most part it should be an easy rebuild. The block is still standard with hardly any signs of wear. I need a crank and one rod since it spun a bearing.

Any information as to what I should for in a 4.1 if I do find one. Thanks