4.1 results

With the ptc when you turn the wick up and hit it with more power the converter will loosen up.the low boost behavior is very different from high boost.

Yes I've experienced the same thing. It seems my converter needs to be loosened.

Yes I've experienced the same thing. It seems my converter needs to be loosened
From what I have seen its really the engine torque that effects the converter.on our cars how fast/early that turbo gets moving changes behavior. having multiple tunes with the power separation of say 50 to 100 hp is big.

From what I have seen its really the engine torque that effects the converter.on our cars how fast/early that turbo gets moving changes behavior. having multiple tunes with the power separation of say 50 to 100 hp is big.

Yup agree.

I had a 12" LU Neal Chance 2800 it was way less temperamental.

Car was down for almost 2 years and wanted to update the results of my 4.1 production build. The evolution of the car is listed in my signature. Earl Brown provided the pistons and it was difficult to find a usable 4.1 production core. The motor ended up with a girdle and static compression of 9.55:1. The track was not working at all in the video below, which is not like this car. I typically cut mid 1.5x's shorts and couldn't get it too work, hence the spinning and softer launches. I think part of it is due to the turbo coming in harder with the 4.1 over the 3.8. Started the night with 20 psi and 18/16 timing and ended up with 25 psi and 22/20 timing. Overall I'm happy with the results and should turn the wick up in fall.

Good to hear from you. Been waiting for an update.