4.1 or LC2

Alberto Cuevas

I need to rebuilt my LC2 but came acros a 4.1 I have 6,500:frown: to spend. I'm shooting for like 500 hp. What is cheaper to built?:confused:

For a street car, 4.1 all the way. Better spool, more torque, and contrary to popular belief, they're not more expensive to build if you're planning on replacing the pistons anyway.

If you're looking for 9s, go with the 109.

4.1 is a great engine. I have gone fast with one and tom-j has been 10.1 with one. I see 9's for him. But to answer your question, I built my 4.1 with a 109 block in the corner. Glad I did.

Im also doing a 4.1, so let me know how yours come out, and i will do the same. Im going to build it myself, just to see if i can. Im getting block done, and balance everything.

4.1 here's my pic, not the average 4.1 block i like many built her to run 9's safely. i only have one pic.

Attachments

• freddy8.JPG
    freddy8.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 549
Looks like someone added some extra bolt holes. Look at the far side, you will see the welded on tabs.

Usually one will add the RJC head clamps to the outer side.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

4.1 here's my pic, not the average 4.1 block i like many built her to run 9's safely. i only have one pic.

That don't look like a 4.1 block. There's too much meat between the cylinder bores. It may be because it was decked. It sure has the coolant holes though.

I don't think the production blocks (3.8 or 4.1) have bridged water passages on the end of the deck. Looks like a stage block to me.

Real curious what block that is exactly? Thinking of going 4.1 myself. Just sold my spare engine & need a project. Either that or an NA block. I have to see what one can take? ;)

Well my block checked out 0.30 over, and i ordered my pistons, rings, and HG. Anyone know the part number for the APR studs for the mains, and where to buy them?

Looks like a 3.8 #0012 stage1 block. Let me know if you want to sell it if it is a #0012.

I wouldnt mind a 4.1. there is one completely taken apart at the junk yard. It is a 484 casting. Is this any good? looks like it was just rebuilt, but somebody took the crank out of it!I wonder who??? is the 484 casting any good?