4.1 Crank and 3.8 Turbo Crank. Are they the same?

There are plenty of resources in Chicago. ANS in Melrose park is one that comes to mind. It's about 90 minutes from Rockford.

You may want to considering joining Chicagoland Chapter GSCA if you haven't already. Well worth it!

Steve, not sure if you are just giving general info about the side clearances for the rods, but the 3.8L even-fire crank that is used in our motors have 1 rod per journal, not 2...The older odd-fire 3.8L's have 2 rods per journal like a V8 motor...

But that really isn't the point of the whole thing...I'm with the other's on this one, I think you(87Regal) need to get with the Chicagoland chapter or someone in the area who knows more about these motors and get your motor to another shop...Something definately isn't right, and these motors aren't a typical Chevy/Ford motor...They are a different breed and need certain things done more carefully in certain areas to get a good final product when rebuilt...

Jim, I was thinking about end play for each rod which should be .003-.015 as I recall. Not sure where the disconnect happened but I sure wrote about a Chevy....:)